Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

4th_point

WKR
Thank you for a thoughtful response addressing my idea rather than just telling me to drop it and find out! I'm just speculating and asking for opinions at this point and no one has had much to share.

I checked the top rail, cleaned everything, and loctited/torqued it in place when the rifle was new. I haven't checked it for movement since then but wouldn't be a bad idea before I started this type of testing. Same for the stock. Nothing about the 3-400 rounds I've shot leads me to believe any part of the rifle is moving right now.

I think that some here are just super excited to see this Maven "pass". So a lot of interest in dropping other people's scopes and rifles!

And as far as I know, there are no reports indicating that this Maven is good. Or not good. Just some vague statements that Maven has done some drops or tests of some sort? Or maybe made some changes from 1 to 1.2?

What you could do for now is check your system. I also have a Cross. And have done my own impact tests since ~2013. Not the same as Formi's. Less comprehensive in some ways, but also more harsh in others.

Shoot me a PM, if you'd like.

prm

WKR
If the purpose is to test the scope, the bonded action is good. For most of us testing on our own rifle, the test is really as much about the system as the scope. IF you have an issue you’ll have to work through it to isolate the cause, but at least you’ll know.

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
And as far as I know, there are no reports indicating that this Maven is good. Or not good. Just some vague statements that Maven has done some drops or tests of some sort? Or maybe made some changes from 1 to 1.2?
Sndmn11 dropped his quite a bit and has the video on YouTube, pretty good results!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
If 10+ other WKRs all agreed to pitch in, I'd buy one to send in for testing and when it was done, put everyone's name in a hat and winner keeps it. Unless Form has one and just hasn't tested it yet. Dumb idea?

We are good we have a few. Give us a couple weeks. Busy schedules at the moment.

I really want to thank all of you guys that support this. Not everyone does and I hear from the all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fwafwow

WKR
I really want to thank all of you guys that support this. Not everyone does and I hear from the all the time.
This makes me scratch my head. I could see someone not agreeing with the concept, or methodology, or just not caring. But why would they care enough to (apparently) complain about it?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
This makes me scratch my head. I could see someone not agreeing with the concept, or methodology, or just not caring. But why would they care enough to (apparently) complain about it?
Companies(not Maven) and individuals complain about the validity of the test. I don’t really care but I do get a kick out of two different camps.

Macintosh

WKR
Companies(not Maven) and individuals complain about the validity of the test. I don’t really care but I do get a kick out of two different camps.
Tell em to do it better, and I’ll be first in line to support that too. Otherwise, how’s it go…
Talk - action = zilch

We are good we have a few. Give us a couple weeks. Busy schedules at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you have a 3.2 to do as well?

Highly unlikely Leupold has noticed a dip in sales. RS is a small fraction compared to the views the guys they sponsor get.

I bet they have dropped more than you think. Not solely on the RS/form testing but combine this with all the forums etc. everyone wanted the mark5 to be the shit. It’s so close…. Yes I’m one guy but I know there’s more out there like me. I own 6 mark5’s. I was an early adopter before there was a track record. Honestly my 6 have been great and I’ve been hard on them. But I can’t discredit all the issues out there. I built 5 rifles this last year. All woulda been topped with more mark5’s if they wouldn’t be failing as I love everything about them… but I was forced to look elsewhere as I need gear I can trust.

Clark33

WKR
I bet they have dropped more than you think. Not solely on the RS/form testing but combine this with all the forums etc. everyone wanted the mark5 to be the shit. It’s so close…. Yes I’m one guy but I know there’s more out there like me. I own 6 mark5’s. I was an early adopter before there was a track record. Honestly my 6 have been great and I’ve been hard on them. But I can’t discredit all the issues out there. I built 5 rifles this last year. All woulda been topped with more mark5’s if they wouldn’t be failing as I love everything about them… but I was forced to look elsewhere as I need gear I can trust.
I don’t disagree, I had a mk5 at one point. But ask anyone, literally anyone who’s not a member of RS what they think of Leupold, only people I know who have heard of the drop test are people I’ve told and sent the link too

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t disagree, I had a mk5 at one point. But ask anyone, literally anyone who’s not a member of RS what they think of Leupold, only people I know who have heard of the drop test are people I’ve told and sent the link too
As a counter point to provide some optimism and encouragement for these drop tests…

About 3 years ago I was dead set on a lightweight 7Mag, probably a Weatherby Vanguard. I was going to top it with the latest Leupold VX series in an MOA reticle and get the CDS system. I have multiple family members with similar setups and they swear by them. However I still always do my own homework and that research led me to 24-Hour Campfire, where there were rumors of Leupolds failing to hold zero and links to this website called Rokslide.

Here, I found a wealth of posts that often referenced some guy referred to as “Form” who was very vocal about Leupold’s failing from normal use and then failing spectacularly with even light abuse. Form referenced a ton of real life experience with a vast number of scopes and obscene round counts that made his results hard to argue with.

Fast forward 3 years and I now have a Rokslide special Tikka .223 with a SWFA 6x, a Tikka 6.5CM with a SWFA 3-15x and just recently bought the new Maven RS1.2 with plans to put it on Tikka 6.5CM in a Rokstock.

I know it’s often hard to see the influence Rokslide has on the greater hunting industry but I have to figure there are more guys out there like me that are finally discovering the wisdom of low recoil rifles, heavy for caliber match bullets and FFP Mil/Mil reticle scopes that track and hold zero.

Last edited: