Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Seems like a good opportunity to improve the whole system. Through the years I've had to move to more robust scopes and scope mounting systems, actions, bottom metals, mags, and stocks. Sometimes the upgrades were necessitated by failures while afield, which I find very frustrating and to be assiduously avoided. I have rigs these days that I'm confident wont let me down; however, I wouldn't had I been reticent to test limits.

Other than stocks cracking due to falls and drops, I can't say that I've experienced a poi shift due to a stock not being bonded to the action. I generally bed at least the front lug.

Sure I drop my guns to impove the system. However I've got most of them as bullet proof as they can get.
Suppressor coming loose just some times happens. I was shooting a 20 shot group with a new ar10 that I had already shot 30 with and I had not checked it.

Form has talked about this enough on here. At 45 lbs or less action movement can happen. At 60 lbs its very unlikely.

I like to at least start with components that are known performers.

Last edited:
Had the old rs1 in moa before I switched everything to Mils. I never dropped it but also never had problems.

I loved the reticle from min to max and it was an exceptionally “comfortable” scope the get behind and shoot.

My scope of choice now is the tenmile FFP 3-18 but the reticle isn’t the best.

If this 2.0 model proves durable I’m all over it. I hope the zero stop is well executed and the illumination is just the center portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the old rs1 in moa before I switched everything to Mils. I never dropped it but also never had problems.

I loved the reticle from min to max and it was an exceptionally “comfortable” scope the get behind and shoot.

My scope of choice now is the tenmile FFP 3-18 but the reticle isn’t the best.

If this 2.0 model proves durable I’m all over it. I hope the zero stop is well executed and the illumination is just the center portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve been eyeing this but I’m always leery to be the first snag the first of a new model. I’ve got two bushnell scopes - lrts and lrhs- so I don’t know that I “need” to upgrade but I like the specs at least.

Spoonbill

WKR
Why are we so high on these scopes? It looks like they had one of their other models fail Form's drop test. What makes people think this one will be different?
Maven sent in some other scopes that have been holding up. Someone else posted that Maven has been trying to replicate the drop test in house.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Why are we so high on these scopes? It looks like they had one of their other models fail Form's drop test. What makes people think this one will be different?
I'm interested because I've heard rumors from credible people that maven is trying to build a reliable scope. This in itself is proof of nothing but makes me incredibly interested in this model.

Like I said earlier I called and asked if they were paying attention to the RS drop tests. The scope rep said that they were doing drop testing themselves and that it was doing well. I'm skeptical when a company says they hit a home run on their first try but maybe they did. Im probably going to call again and ask for a more detailed explanation of what merits a pass or fail. TBH I was just stoked that he knew what drop test meant.

Everyone should call maven and ask that their scopes be drop tested. Demanding zero retention from a scope is not a tall ask and should be the standard. When brands adopt the idea of making products that actually work the more others will strive to do the same. Competitive environments will cause a sink or swim mentality.

I like maven just cause I'm from Wyo and I'd like to see a Wyo born company win. Don't even own any of their products just cause other stuff suits my needs better.