Lifelock Identity Theft

TFrank

WKR
Maybe I’m in the minority, But I don’t take credit out very often. I’m having trouble understanding how any credit approval can be done online. I guess with these website car purchases and everything else…. If I am not sitting in front of a real human while I am getting a loan that shiz should be denied.

Btw not to hijack the thread but thanks gents frozen on all 3. Gotta love rokslide. Gives answers for everything under the sun.

sasquatch

WKR
If you was going to do something like this, Identity force has a much better insurance policy than lifelock does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fwafwow

WKR
Anyone (including @robby denning) have any updates? I've been a LifeLock subscriber for a long time, but today I checked my subscriptions and they are charging me the same for my wife and me ($28 per month - each), and to add my adult kids they want MORE than that - each. No "family plan" discount. And each person I spoke to on the phone (with considerable wait times) did not speak English as their first language.

I am considering canceling and going with Zander or Identify Force.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone (including @robby denning) have any updates? I've been a LifeLock subscriber for a long time, but today I checked my subscriptions and they are charging me the same for my wife and me ($28 per month - each), and to add my adult kids they want MORE than that - each. No "family plan" discount. And each person I spoke to on the phone (with considerable wait times) did not speak English as their first language.

I am considering canceling and going with Zander or Identify Force.
yes,
I didn't do anything on this for a few months. Finally made some time to talk to the wife about it (she's great, and handles all this home-front stuff so I can work), and wouldn't you know it? just a day or so before one of the places we spend money (can't remember, store, bank, insurance company, something) said a bunch of customers info had been compromised so they offered us (me, her, our kids) a free year of identity theft. she'd already signed us up by the time I asked! I don't know who it was with and she's asleep right now, but it wasn't Lifelock, one of the knock offs. I'll try n remember to ask her.

it's already sending her email reports about credit. We still don't borrow money so just the peace of mind to know if someone is looking into our credit.

fwafwow

WKR
yes,
I didn't do anything on this for a few months. Finally made some time to talk to the wife about it (she's great, and handles all this home-front stuff so I can work), and wouldn't you know it? just a day or so before one of the places we spend money (can't remember, store, bank, insurance company, something) said a bunch of customers info had been compromised so they offered us (me, her, our kids) a free year of identity theft. she'd already signed us up by the time I asked! I don't know who it was with and she's asleep right now, but it wasn't Lifelock, one of the knock offs. I'll try n remember to ask her.

it's already sending her email reports about credit. We still don't borrow money so just the peace of mind to know if someone is looking into our credit.
Thanks Robby.

FWIW for you and others - I was paying $339.99 per year for myself and $28 per month for my wife for "Ultimate Plus" - for a total of $680 per year. (Ouch! I must have had some teaser rates before that I failed to monitor...). After over an hour on the phone (most of that with the sales person), I negotiated dropping down to the an "Advantage" plan for $431.88 per year, but that would also include my wife, and adding my two adult children. (Although they are not shown on the website, there are "large family" plans that permit adding more than the 2 parents/adults, in addition to a bunch of minor kids. Might also be good for people who have aging parents.) The major changes in the lower plans - lower insurance limits, no home title monitoring, no social media monitoring and no financial account alerts (but I don't share my account info w/ LifeLock anyway.)

Still an incredibly frustrating experience, and I will still look at competing options.

Whisky

WKR
Most of this stuff is over my head. But my employer recently got hacked and my DOB, name and SS# were viewed by the hacker. My employer offered 1 yr to Equifax Complete Premier, which I juat signed up for yesterday. I assume after they are done paying the year, I will need to continue this service indefinitely?

Any other steps to take? I am still in the research stage, but freezing my credit seems like a good idea.