Lets be honest

gbflyer

WKR
Sitting in my ‘22 Ram 1500 we ordered with one of your co-workers this summer. Pleasant ordering process, great service. Shuttle picked my wife up in Spokane and she drove it home to Alaska. All the way up to 3622 miles this morning.

We have a ‘07 Ram 3500 6.7 6-speed with 160K on it. It’s a good truck. Had the normal front end and 150K issues, clutch etc. Owner before me had a 100+ tune in it which was just stupid. It’s back to stock now. The ‘04 Powerstoke it replaced was and is a rolling mechanics dream.

Also still have the 1st new truck I ever bought, 1992 GMC K1500. Most of the paint has fallen off. It’s had a clutch, couple of exhaust systems cat - back, a radiator, and a couple of distributors. Love that truck, never getting rid of it.

Zeke6951

Lil-Rokslider
2006 Ram 2500, 5.9 Cummins, 215K. Had a little trouble with the transmission a couple of years ago. Got a transmission rebuild scheduled for early '23. This is my death truck. I'll keep until I die. It pulls my 20' bumper pull campers just fine and if I drive 60 to 65 it gets 15 to 18mpg. On long trips (with no trailer) if I keep the speed in the 60 to 70 range it gets close to 25 mpg. At 71 years young driving less than 70 is no problem. Love my truck.

Two 2015 Fords both bought new and left stock. The F150 5.0 has 85,000 trouble free miles, gets excellent mileage and is the daily driver. Gone thru a couple sets of tires and a battery, plus oil and filter changes including the transmission. I tow a smaller cargo trailer with the RZR or the fishing boat or the quad on a sled trailer....towing about 10% of the time. Love the 36 gallon gas tank and 650 mile range...no carrying gas cans into the back country.

The F350 6.7l Power Stroke has 112,000 miles and has carried a heavy cab-over camper for 80% of the miles, sometimes towing the cargo trailer with the RZR at the same time. Economy is great for a big truck. Replaced the batteries this year, plus normal maintenance of oil and filter changes, including the transmission and a couple sets of tires. Only issue has been wheel speed sensor wiring that that needed trouble shooting....a connection behind the front wheel well would get wet and go into alarm and kick the anti-skid system off. It would start working again when it dried out. Dealer was able to find the issue and fix it. Its been a great truck, very comfortable but only has a 24 gallon fuel tank (short bed crew cab) which is ridiculous for very large truck (less than 300 mile range with the camper). I plan to test the buy once, cry once, drive it until I die philosophy with this truck.

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
2010 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi.
Drinks fuel but truck is a beauty.
Has the typical Hemi exhaust manifold leak, eventually they all get it.
No complaints other than that.
Mind you sneaking into a favorite Elk area, the horn started blasting non stop! Really ! Did it three times, had to pull fuses. Still trying to figure out. Not spending a grand to fix a random Horn going off.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
In order of ownership:

1997 GMC Sierra 1500 - had rear-end rebuilt, rotors replaced.....totaled by a hot blonde (who I did bang the week before) who took my keys during a party and took it for a joyride.

1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 - no issues. totaled when I was hit head on by a drunk driver going twice my speed

1998 Chevy S10 - no issues, traded in

1998 Chevy 2-door Tahoe - got to 136K miles.....had to replace alternator, windshield wiper motor, wiring harness, spark plugs, traded in

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 - got over 100K miles....had to replace alternator and ball joint, traded in

2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 duramax - bought new, just hit 85K miles. No issues yet (knock on wood)

Last edited:
Same here but some of my Rams weren't diesel. I travel long distances just to get to my hunting areas so I want the creature comforts I can get plus maximum mileage out of each tank of gas. This is especially important when you are hours from a paved road for a week or two at a time. All my Rams lasted well over 150,000 miles except one that I really phuked up so I can't blame Dodge. I get one every 12-15yrs.
I am hard on my trucks...after hunting season the bumpers are hanging weird, the hillbilly pinstriping is disturbing to look at and one or two of the fender flares are usually broken (I keep a painted back-up set stored now) but my trucks are glorified wheel barrels. I am offroad alot and put the BDS suspension to the test. The inside has all the bells & whistles I like which makes a multiday drive to the trailhead much easier.
How does that BDS suspension perform on forest roads compared to the stock suspension setup? I could use some more ground clearance but would also like driving on forest roads to not suck.

Been thinking about a 4" BDS with Bilstein 6112's up front

My current Ram 4X4 LTD had the airbag suspension. Put a hole in one of those offroad and you're going nowhere so I had to rip it all out. This is the truck when I bought it (used...I refuse to buy a new truck).

1a7c0b4bce37d5c76bcc8880c19eac79.gif
it was a puddle-sniffing mall cruiser converted into badass backcountry brute. Stripped off the air bag suspension, badges and all the chrome, added the 6” BDS lift kits & FOX shocks, custom wheels, 35” Toyo AT III tires, color matched Bushwhacker fender flares, color matched steel bumper, 12K winch, shackles front and rear, color matched grille, Powersteps (not shown), stubby antenna, Bedrug, BakFlip MX4 tonneau cover, Dee Zee tailgate assist, McGard tailgate lock, color matched side mirrors, handles, custom lights all around from Retroshop, window tinting, 360* camera surveillance system pretty, full recovery kit, and it’s always gotten me where I need to go (regardless how back the terrain was) and back home again.

aIGTbmSmy0fThgNy7LBSleg6WXeBAsIldBdI9a3uPBghFcQYCuPDPS_0YttoGy3-NisV9Av7wj0LeFI37CvuHukfY1_7VE7OetG5nuXRLSoPIZD1syRfzfKx7UnXHvPSiHD_wby7ZkCYiR1lFJOSJrm7KbmlWAVCOwctvTxhdNFCJPwYbCa58zI9b7cO5tV5DdHEP3xg7fCkrUkiEwgJu7cmNt02ItWLnRLBSkinxPgLkUsAxFuWeS76rWl2CHTn6LHxJHWAcIER6EmDZatj5hRYIYuAfWN3cl-3Liqj1sX1U3BGmOEth69AlwPbDtUEZT5YT0zifXwliLLAyJF5RwmwRhOWZyOa295af87jXzF09TmDLkNqEz1YKe5Wh39kzzJ4d4bCPLd9H-_dqfm0N-SKzI5PQ55vsNG0IFIRdSdFW4sx9HX-KLHyLJa5KOdi9x1-YmBIHvKiAwZFPD6yMz7DNYm1q9WMOshDmZNdO1kI3aglhX0ECq-R1k1x0cYRpIMRonyLF6nFaTvAT6tDZ4JZPk5sAr9G0hiZIF41fRypm8ZKUbIJ8BfWCwxh5jRJczQEqaKrlfTq45vPR_0TI6Q0Kf_shDOtds3iGjMM9z-N0gKQJk2iYcEqnRSTKuEmZWVrFp_I9QvSA7BESwmo_IP5UR0g73iOdTpzyK1wSYDMv7u-lZLLlmXzXLi_Mu5hjtLAQllvhMqHXCWEquaLTLKmU9hTGoZ_6PbJBugvkyjPru3olyD0JNQkdjEuf8-V3hk2SyLZAxRj9Cv-tidoGetUmVnGueH1F9reg_qRdsEDrDkJMvoSjHxBOiXnUKNG_kugLqj6xTc_vXsNWbhQymvD3P6imLNZgUk90VqtgzZSbK8fqAW_aEDJhZ6XqhINuR5RB7vDXNT7v4_imoWdd3qqhRvEqJwszxwpts9xYJlB=w914-h617-no

Axlrod

WKR
2022 HD2500 Duramax. 3rd one in 8 years. Tow a big trailer every day. Trade them when I get to 100k. If I won the lottery tomorrow I would keep driving this truck. (probably go to Barrett Jackson and get some old muscle cars though! ;))

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
2006 F150 XLT CC with 5.4. Bought new, drove to 198,000 miles, traded in 2016. Nothing but oil changes, batteries & brakes

2016 F150 XLT CC with 5.0. Replaced water pump at about 100K miles. Transmission (Torque Converter) failure at 140,000. Replaced transmission with a new one with 100K mile warranty. Hoping to drive it to the end of that warranty. Pretty sure I bragged about it not having any issues on a thread just like this one about a month before the transmission went out ....$6K mistake 🙂

1999 f350 dually, manual transmission. 430,000 miles on it. Original engine and tranny. Love the truck. Actually bought it from a guy in North Idaho.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Had a 2016 Silverado which was new. At 750 miles needed a new heater core, was spraying coolant into the hvac and out the vents in the cab. Didn’t notice the smell, but the windshield was clouding up and when wiped it was oily. 2 weeks in the shop. Thankfully was covered under warranty and got a free loaner.

It was a lease so no comment on longevity.

Currently have a 2020 F150 with the 2.7 and at 30k miles, no issues thankfully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

WKR
2016 F150 with the 2.7 ecoboost 95000 miles. I have put 40000 miles on this truck in just over two years. I have driven it from Iowa to Idaho twice and Florida once. It drives great, smooth ride, 36gal tanks is amazing. My only complaint is in the winter on a cold start the smallest amount of oil leaks into the turbo and when started creates a large amount of smoke out of the exhaust. It is a known issue with no work around that I have found.

2010 F150 with 4.6 V8 - sold with 120000 miles on it. Very little good about this truck. Shifted hard from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear. More clucky of a drive. Rusted in cab corners and rocker panels was horrible. It got me from A to B but wasn't always the best. Never actually broke down but when I sold it I would be surprised if it make it another 50k miles without a major issue.

2018 expedition with 3.5 ecoboost (wifes car now) This rides like a dream. However having electrical issues every other week. Bad sensor that makes the vehicle shake when stopped at a light. Throws the check engine light but codes are never correct to know exactly what is happening. Then the light goes off on it own within minutes. We have had it less than a year and probably wont have it for another year. I chalk it up to first year new model issues.

2014 edge (wifes old car) this also road like a dream and I would say would make an excellent car we just wanted something larger. Never had a mechanical issue and was very reliable.

We have also owned a 01 ranger, 2009 avalanche, 07 jeep liberty, and a 99 chrysler cirrus.

Last edited:

Osprey87

FNG
09 tacoma with the 2.7L 4 cyl. Standard .I've owned from brand new. 299,000km on it now, haven't had many issues other then having to do wheel bearings and transmission. Did a complete suspension swap out last year as old lift was getting long in the tooth

Anybody got experience with a new super duty and the 7.3 godzilla (gasser) engine? Been looking hard at it and the fact that it's naturally aspirated and not hybrid makes me think it could be a long range performer...
4 of our ambulances have this engine and we have no issues with them. One of them already has 172k miles and it’s only had normal maintenance.. and we drive em mine emergency vehicles… pretty solid motor imo. Much more power than the 6.2 v8 s we have

TheCougar

WKR
2014 Ram 1500, hemi motor and 8 speed transmission. At 45k I had to spend $1000 to DIY replace the headers to fix the sheared bolts (it will keep happening until you get an aftermarket header, so I did it early on). It’s terrible engineering and a piss poor design and should be covered under a recall. The entire body squeaks and is noisy, from the doors to the suspension, to the drivers seat. That drives me crazy. I replaced the Uconnect radio system because it was epically poor and useless. At cold temps, the engine fan can get stuck on and the truck sounds like a jet engine, though I can typically reset it within about 15 minutes by driving some and shutting the truck off and restarting it a couple of times. Had some minor electrical issues that the dealer fixed early on. At 105k (currently), the transmission is failing. I got quoted 7k for a new one. A second shop thinks they can do it with just a torque converter, so I’m going to try that. I’ve called around and it turns out that these transmissions are complete pieces of junk and fail around 100k. On top of that, the seats are the most uncomfortable seats I’ve ever sat in. Really.

The gas mileage is good, and it has some zip for sure, even with the gear ratio. I’m hoping to get another 50 or 60k out of it without more repairs before I offload it. I was planning to drive this truck for another decade, but it’s not going to make it.

I’ll never buy another Ram… this truck is going to get handed down to my kids for driving practice and I’ll give it to my son when he leaves the house in 5 years. I’m not impressed by the quality or reliability at all. I’m surprised by the other guys who like their Rams, though they have the diesels and the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, which might be a different animal.

ewade07

WKR
2002 Toyota Tundra. Bought it with 140k miles on it, 6 years later it has 205k miles and running strong. Havent had to really do anything major. For some reason some of these models like to chew through ball joints, have had to replace the front drivers side twice (one of which was a catastrophic failure). Other than that just the normal maintanence, just replaced plugs, wires and coils on it. Gas mileage sucks on it but its just mainly my hunting rig now. The suicide doors in the back kinda suck but it does fine for putting people and dogs in the back. Has a topper so i can sleep on a cot in the bed. Sometimes i think about selling it but i know it will take me to 300k miles.

Steven.Elmore

Lil-Rokslider
2019 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 6.2, 86k miles on it. So far only had to replace the shocks. Have about 7500 miles on it pulling a camper different places. No complaints. Considering the 2500 gas burner next go round.

P dog

FNG
In the family:
01 Silverado 1500 5.3L 330,000+ one owner miles, replaced tranny at 300k, just basic maintenance items. Great truck! Still use daily.

05 Ford Excursion V10 bought with 86k sold with 182k, Great truck. No repairs needed. Under powered though.

2018 GMC Sierra 5.3L 90,000 miles zero issues. Great mileage.

2018 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke diesel 120k, Zero issues. Great truck, has been def deleted and runs great.

Caudle8

FNG
Currently drive a 21 Ram and have loved it so far.

But before that I had an 05 Chevy 1500 WT. Got it when I was 16 and 150k and proceeded to do 16 year old things with it. Drove it hard until 260k with the most difficult maintenance being an alternator and wheel bearings. That old 5.3 was a dream