Kuiu pants vs Sitka pants

the_bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm torn between pants right now. I like both options that's these companies have. Either the 90% or ascents pants from sitka, or any of the kuiu pants. To many choices for me. What is your experience with any of these pants? How did they fit? How many pockets did the pants have and were they reliable?What does the rokslide crowd say??

NEhunter

WKR
I have the kuiu attacks and sitka mountain pants. Wore both in Colorado last year for archery season and prefer the fit and feel of the mountain pants. Both have a good athletic fit and both fairly durable IMO. That said, will possibly be selling the attacks for another pair of mountain pants.

OP
the_bowhunter

the_bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have the kuiu attacks and sitka mountain pants. Wore both in Colorado last year for archery season and prefer the fit and feel of the mountain pants. Both have a good athletic fit and both fairly durable IMO. That said, will possibly be selling the attacks for another pair of mountain pants.

Which had better pockets in your opinion? What size pants Ya got?

NEhunter

WKR
Which had better pockets in your opinion? What size pants Ya got?
I wear 32 in both pants. I prefer the pockets on the mountain pants. I like the snap close on the cargo rather than the zipper that is on the attack pants and I feel I can dig my hands into the cargo pocket on the mountain pants easier.

OP
the_bowhunter

the_bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I wear 32 in both pants. I prefer the pockets on the mountain pants. I like the snap close on the cargo rather than the zipper that is on the attack pants and I feel I can dig my hands into the cargo pocket on the mountain pants easier.

I'll keep that in mind, I tend to fill up my pockets while backpacking up in Colorado, thank Ya for the info!

handwerk

WKR
I've not tried the sitkas but can say
after 3 seasons in them I'm very happy with my attack pants, enough to have an extra pair.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have had a pair of Sitka pants that go back 7+ yrs don't even know what name they are. They have been to hell and back and continue to perform. I also have 2 attacks and 2 guides. The attacks get a 10 for comfort and a 9 for durability, great pant and the newer version with the zips are awesome. The guides get used come November and get a 10 for comfort as well, a 10 for warmth and 10 for keeping me dry in a myriad of rain and snow. Both brands have served me well and held up very well also. Currently I just prefer the Kuiu brand but both make great pants.

You can't go wrong with either one. I prefer the Attack pants due to the pockets, zipper vent, durability and camo. The Attacks seem thicker than the Ascent pants I had.

7mag.

WKR
I have the Attack Pants and the Ascent Pants, as well as some others, and for me, there is nothing that really comes close to the Attacks.

I only have the sitka. They work great for me. They are the only hunting clothes that actually fit. We have a lot of briers in the S.E., and the fabric gets picked out from the thorns tearing at the fabric. I have not tried Kuiu, but I imagine it would be the same. Not a complaint, just an observation.

The pockets are just what I need. I have a system of what goes where, and it works with Sitka. You probably won't go wrong with either. Do you have a buddy/shop with any of the clothing? See if you can try it on first.

Last edited:

sr80

WKR
Get timberline and never look back.
I agree. I hate the side pockets on kuiu pants. They are a pain to unzip, unless you leave them open and change losing what's in them. And I find them too short. I am 6'2. Picked up some timberline they are the best part I've worn. From August till December.

RamDreamer

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I am another biased individual in this conversation as I have never owned any kuiu gear, but if you end up getting some Sitka timberline pants you will not regret your decision one but what so ever. They are amazing and the benefit to them is most stores have them for you to go in and try on so you know exactly what size you need.

I have tried the attack pants and the ascents... I still go back to my mountain pants. I love all the KUIU clothing options, but NOTHING works as well for me as the mountain pants. I don't see my self changing any time soon.

Fit wise, the ascents are more like the attack pants... slightly tighter in the legs than the mountain pants. I could NOT get used to the feel of the ascents and almost had to go up 2 sizes to get them to not feel like skinny jeans... but then the waist was HUGE. I have pretty big legs though so it may not be a problem.

I also have the 90% pants, I would NOT call them an all season pant. Way too hot for early season. Great in November with some base layers, but my mountain pants get used way more often.

I think the pockets are better on the sitka stuff with no zippers, but I do like the vents on the side of the attack.

Joe

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have tried a few pants and keep going back to the Mountain Pants. The Timberline are great pants, but a bit on the heavy side for early season use. Even better, Sitka is releasing the Timberlines in 32 Tall this year. The previous generation ran a bit short, IMO.

Attacks are good pants, but I prefer the pockets on the Mountain Pants. I am excited to check out First Lite's new pants and KUIU's new Alpine pant looks intriguing.

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
I love the Attacks but I've been wanting to try Sitka pants. I find the Sitka tops I have fit me better than KUIU. Anybody know where I can find the Mountain pants on sale in solids??

Having owned both, and think the KUIU Attacks are far superior (which i realize is just an opinion)

I will offer this.I would not go the Ascent route if you chose Sitka. Of the 7 people i know (including me) that have had the Ascent, the crotch has give out on all of them. I do not think that is a Sitka issue, but the Ascent is not made well IMO. I would go with Mountain route if you chose Sitka...

i had the sitka ascent's and liked them a lot. I sold them on here awhile back because i prefer solids over camo for some clothing, and i could use a longer inseam which they are putting out this year.

Can't comment much on the Attack pants as I own and wear the Ascents. Going on my fourth season now with my pants with ZERO complaints. They have only two minor holes from dragging my legs across dead falls somewhere between here and there. Very durable, tough, quiet, and light. Perfect for me.