Kuiu pants vs Sitka pants

davescarp

WKR
I guess sitka is taking after kuiu now as the timberlines are out of stock in oc... boohoo...

Kotaman

WKR
I guess sitka is taking after kuiu now as the timberlines are out of stock in oc... boohoo...

Except that you can still actually buy Timberlines at any one of about 1000 retailers. I did get a pair off the Sitka website in my size yesterday.

davescarp

WKR
Except that you can still actually buy Timberlines at any one of about 1000 retailers. I did get a pair off the Sitka website in my size yesterday.

Good point. I'm a midget so no 32's online anyways...

JWP58

WKR

The 34 tall ascent pants have been out of stock for as long as I can remember. I cant get 40% off from retailers, so the fact that their website always shows "out of stock" means I can buy Kuiu Attacks for cheaper.....go figure.

Camofreak

FNG
The 34 tall ascent pants have been out of stock for as long as I can remember. I cant get 40% off from retailers, so the fact that their website always shows "out of stock" means I can buy Kuiu Attacks for cheaper.....go figure.

Thats what im saying! Im waiting on 32R in Timberlines, although i might just get the mountains since theyre in stock. I just emailed them today to see when they think theyll get some in.

davescarp

WKR
Thats what im saying! Im waiting on 32R in Timberlines, although i might just get the mountains since theyre in stock. I just emailed them today to see when they think theyll get some in.

Let us know what they say, I'd be all over a pair of 32R timberlines...

Camofreak

FNG
Just got an email back.

"Hello again. It appears that we will be seeing the timberline pant
somewhere around the 16th of October. It is an estimate, but look for them
around that time."

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
Chinooks are slightly heavier than attacks but lighter than the guides. They seem more durable than the attacks though. Like the knee pads, I barely notice them.

Gator

FNG
I also like the Chinooks, they worked very well this archery season in CO. If the temp was around 70 or lower, they were great. Any warmer and they would probably be a little too warm for active hunting. I especially like the pocket layout. Also, fyi, as of this morning KUIU Attacks were in stock on their website in almost all colors and sizes as far as I could tell.

Chinooks are slightly heavier than attacks but lighter than the guides. They seem more durable than the attacks though. Like the knee pads, I barely notice them.

HOw bout the cut of the chinooks? similar to the attacks?

Stwrt9

WKR
i've had all three Kuiu Pants Guide, Chinook, and Attack. Personally i did not like the Guide Pants at all they fit way to big and if you were to do any hiking they would be way to hot. i sold my Guides within a week of purchase. As for the Chinook and Attacks i couldn't have been more impressed. the Chinook pants are great as they are heavier than the attacks yet not as heavy as the guides. they give you that warmth without losing mobility. and you won't even notice the knee pads. they only downside for the chinooks is i'm just not a fan of the zippered hand pockets. i prefer the hand pockets on the attacks but thats just my opinion. Both Attacks and Chinooks will get you a multitude of wear ranges with temps. As for cut i think their very similar.

i've had all three Kuiu Pants Guide, Chinook, and Attack. Personally i did not like the Guide Pants at all they fit way to big and if you were to do any hiking they would be way to hot. i sold my Guides within a week of purchase. As for the Chinook and Attacks i couldn't have been more impressed. the Chinook pants are great as they are heavier than the attacks yet not as heavy as the guides. they give you that warmth without losing mobility. and you won't even notice the knee pads. they only downside for the chinooks is i'm just not a fan of the zippered hand pockets. i prefer the hand pockets on the attacks but thats just my opinion. Both Attacks and Chinooks will get you a multitude of wear ranges with temps. As for cut i think their very similar.

That was just the info that I was looking for! thanks!

gmajor

WKR
I use prana stretch zions for the early season, and I had attacks for when the temperature dropped a bit. But I just can't get too far into the colder temps with the attacks. Makes sense, not entirely what they were designed for.

Anyway, I'm looking for a pant that can be worn from cold up to 65 in the middle of the day. Everyone raves about the timberlines. My only reservations are: 1) can you really climb in these and not be sweltering? 2) do they feel heavy while on the body? I'd trust them in the snow while layered, but how warm can I really go? I'd hope to be able to make the switch directly from an early season pant to the timberlines. If the mountain pant was made in solids I might be swayed that way...

WestDan

Lil-Rokslider
I use prana stretch zions for the early season, and I had attacks for when the temperature dropped a bit. But I just can't get too far into the colder temps with the attacks. Makes sense, not entirely what they were designed for.

Anyway, I'm looking for a pant that can be worn from cold up to 65 in the middle of the day. Everyone raves about the timberlines. My only reservations are: 1) can you really climb in these and not be sweltering? 2) do they feel heavy while on the body? I'd trust them in the snow while layered, but how warm can I really go? I'd hope to be able to make the switch directly from an early season pant to the timberlines. If the mountain pant was made in solids I might be swayed that way...

I have the mountains and the timberlines. I'd say 65 is too warm for the timberlines while climbing. Probably best used for weather under 50. The mountain pants can certainly be worn up to 65 and probably have a bigger range in terms of weather with layering. With the said, I love the timberline pants and will wear them if at all possible.

Kuiu attacks are great pants. The alpines are awesome too.

I had one pair of Sitka back in the day. They were falling apart after a couple hunts. I'm thinking it was a lemon pair thou.

gmajor

WKR
I have the mountains and the timberlines. I'd say 65 is too warm for the timberlines while climbing. Probably best used for weather under 50. The mountain pants can certainly be worn up to 65 and probably have a bigger range in terms of weather with layering. With the said, I love the timberline pants and will wear them if at all possible.

Good to know. I guess what I struggle with is the idea that my pranas and attacks have too much overlap, while still leaving me without a late season pant. While the pranas are certainly superior when it's hot, the kuius are warmer when it's temps drop a little bit. But, it's not like they extend that far into the colder temps for me. Glassing in the attacks when it's actually cold, even with long johns, can be chilly. That said, they are perfect for october, when I do a lot of my hunting (as you can see, my logic is somewhat circular here).

I'm leaning toward getting the timberlines for late season and winter activities. That way I can have good warm weather pants, good late season pants, and try to up the layering underneath the pranas to make them stretch. Or just go full Kiwi and wear fleece pants under shorts for those mid range temps haha. Been meaning to try that anyway.

Any reason that you wouldn't consider the Kuiu guide pant for a late season pant? I'm kind of in the same situation as you..my attacks are my all around's right now, but they do get chilly towards the end of oct and nov..