The quest for the right mid weight pants

OK boys Here's the deal

I have my early season pants dialed. I love sitka ascent pants after 2 seasons of hard hard use on them they're doing great. Fit seems spot on, plenty durable and they have been awesome in warm weather.

I have traverse pants that I really enjoy for the money. They're not quite perfect for midweight work but I go them for 60$ and for that they are insanely good.

I have Duluth trading pants that are close, but when I wear them the zippers work down and my junk hangs out. Sounds funny, not so good when I'm walking around Walmart...

I tried kuhls, and I like the pants, but they're light weight and I hate hate hate hate the pocket on the side and the freaking velcro on the pockets.

I love my dakota pants for later season whitetail and field hunting for geese. They're just a bout perfect for me for late season.

I used to love kuiu attacks, but I've been training hard to build my squat back to where it used to be and now my legs don't fit in attacks anymore.

I have a ton of the wrangler outdoor pants, and I wear them daily. They're a bit too light for what I'm looking for in this specific pair of pants. I'm looking for a mid weight pant that isn't going to break the bank, that I can wear grouse hunting and deer hunting and that's heavy enough for a mid to later season western hunt.

Currently I'm looking at these

Sitka mountain pants- on sale everywhere. Not sure how they stack up in weight compared to traverse or dakota and not sure I like the zippered hand pockets.

Skre hardscrabble pants. On sale, no experience with Skre. Anybody used them?

Asio midweight. Again no experience with them

Xkg preacher pants- anybody use these before?

Kryptek Alios- not sure these are midweight and have never seen them in person.

All of the pants above are on sale for less than 90$ that ive seen. Does anybody have any other recommendations and or feedback on the above?

I have thunder thighs. They do me good when I'm packing out a heavy load, but they do me dirty when I try to fit in pants

Oregonboy

WKR
First Lite Catalyst pants are a nice mid-weight option. They a tad heavier and warmer than the Kuiu Attacks in my opinion.

OP
E
KUIU guide pants are a little on the heavier side but fit looser than the Attack pant in my experience.
That's my only issue with the attacks. I loved them but my thunder thighs no longer leave room for my boys when I sit or crouch in them. It's a sad day since they've gone on every hunt with me

OP
E
First Lite Catalyst pants are a nice mid-weight option. They a tad heavier and warmer than the Kuiu Attacks in my opinion.
How's the durability? I've recently run into issues with a couple pieces of first lite which is kinda sad because I really enjoyed them thus far

padenlac

FNG
That's my only issue with the attacks. I loved them but my thunder thighs no longer leave room for my boys when I sit or crouch in them. It's a sad day since they've gone on every hunt with me
I have slimmer legs and the attacks are my go to pant. I have the guide pants as well but rarely wear them because they are so loose in the thighs so they may be just right for you.

OP
E
I have slimmer legs and the attacks are my go to pant. I have the guide pants as well but rarely wear them because they are so loose in the thighs so they may be just right for you.
Are the guide pants a similar weight to the attacks or are they heavier?

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve run the Skre Hardscrabbles for almost 3 seasons and have no complaints. Have worn them in 55 degrees down to 5 with a base layer during late muzzleloader in Washington. I don’t sit much though. I haven’t had any of the other pants mentioned above so I’m not quite sure how they would stack up.

OP
E
SG dehavs. Super tough pant and a mid weight option. Too hot for me for early August and September. I’d say late October through the winter
My only issue with them was that they were a bit loud for whitetails... are they better now? I really love SG but as a whitetail gut who pretends to be an elk hunter they just dont cross over for me a ton

OP
E
I’ve run the Skre Hardscrabbles for almost 3 seasons and have no complaints. Have worn them in 55 degrees down to 5 with a base layer during late muzzleloader in Washington. I don’t sit much though. I haven’t had any of the other pants mentioned above so I’m not quite sure how they would stack up.
What's the weight of them compared to any other common pant you can think of?

OP
E
Only other pants I got are the Wrangler ATG and the Hardscrabbles are definitely heavier and a lot warmer than those.
I like the wranglers but I am definitely looking for a heavier weight option for this pants application!

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
I like the wranglers but I am definitely looking for a heavier weight option for this pants application!
Could be a good option then. Got my second pair for 55 which is nice on the wallet. Skre has good customer service too so I’m sure if you didn’t like them you could always return them. Just a thought

Drenalin

WKR
SKRE Hardscrabbles will have to be hemmed if you're average or below average height - regular length is a 34" inseam. The pants themselves are pretty nice, but you may have to take a pair of plier to the hip vent zippers to keep them from opening up randomly on you. Their customer service is top notch.

OP
E
Could be a good option then. Got my second pair for 55 which is nice on the wallet. Skre has good customer service too so I’m sure if you didn’t like them you could always return them. Just a thought
I've heard great things about Skre customer service!

OP
E
SKRE Hardscrabbles will have to be hemmed if you're average or below average height - regular length is a 34" inseam. The pants themselves are pretty nice, but you may have to take a pair of plier to the hip vent zippers to keep them from opening up randomly on you. Their customer service is top notch.
I'm 6'2 with a 6'6 wingspan and decently long legs. I do fit a 32 inseam or a 34 depending on the cut and if I'm wearing boots or not so that might be a plus for me!

I have the perfect build that says "that guy might have been an athlete, or maybe he was into robotics" long legs. Short torso, long long arms