Kuiu Announcement Deleted?

littlebuf

Banned
Thanks, Aron. To bad that the site needs a babysitter on the KUIU issues.

any site with 4-5000 member plus is going to need babysitters on many issues, its just the nature of things and rokslide will not/ is not going to be exempt unfortunately. the mods and owners on here are great and really it makes me feel bad for them knowing what this forum is/was and what it will surely morph into. maybe when it gets real bad Aron can sell it, start another one and we'll have another great site for a year or so. cycle, rinse, repeat....

7mag.

WKR
Yeah, it seems like a natural and unstoppable progression all forums like this go through. The difference with Rokslide, is the owners/moderators here are much different, and far better than other sites I have been to. It also seems like we have a more positive type of membership here, as well. For the most part.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
The membership will eventually have more and more negative influences creep in but as long as Mr. Avery keeps his axeman approach we should be alright for awhile.

Love me some kuhl pants.

Kuiu's been good for the industry, love, hate etc. Their success has been good for consumers
Its great seeing companies bringing on new technical fabrics and busting the WL Gore cloud.

I'm excited to see concona fabrics being used by firstlite. With krpytecs success I'm also excited to see what they have in the works also
Its nice to see options for the backcountry. Also shows other mfg's that our hunting segment is growing, and the market eats up innovation.
Why some on here have to role like this is AT is beyond me. Does nothing but hurt all of us

boom

WKR
kuiu is the new kryptonite?

if so, kifaru is superman's red sun!! hahaha..we are a feudal bunch..like a bunch of high school chicks fighting over the latest and greatest fashions.

i personally love the action.

Kuiu puts a hypnotic spell on some folks, like it is said Kudu do
(Yes, It came out funny).
It's top notch material, and there's a real story behind Jason and his former company that is just as compelling as the name and the materials he uses.
Some folks are bound to resent all that adoration and without research, they will bash Anything that gets that kind of attention just on general principle. I'm a curmudgeon too, so I understand.
Personally, I am just crazy about outline disruption camo patterns, like Predator, or ASAT, and Vias seems like it will Really fool an animals eye well in that regard.
I have One problem with the company, and this seems a good time and place to air it.
WHEN will they make a better boonie hat? You know, one with a wider, semi-rigid (and therefore easily shaped to block the sun, or avoid bow-strings) bill on it?
Oh, and maybe a Vias button-up shirt with a pocket or two?
I'm waiting.
Other than those egregious errors, great stuff.

Thank you for hearing my non-political, unpaid, grievances.

Ben

WKR
The only reason I buy kuiu is because of costs and I've always been happy with my purchase (except for the icon hat). I just have a hard time ordering from company A when a very similar product is offered by kuiu for a significant amount less. Saving 20 bucks here and there really helps.

jm1607

WKR
The only reason I buy kuiu is because of costs and I've always been happy with my purchase (except for the icon hat). I just have a hard time ordering from company A when a very similar product is offered by kuiu for a significant amount less. Saving 20 bucks here and there really helps.

I think alot of people feel this way, which I don't blame you for.. My friend bought Kuiu merino because it is cheaper and he's a pretty broke kid lol.. Other companies like First Lite do cost a little more, but you really do get what you pay for..

I have both Kuiu and FL merino and if you hold them up next to each other and wear them both there is no question whatsoever which is made better..

With Kuiu you also don't get products that live up to their advertised specs.. Do you really think the Chugach or Yukon Jackets are 20,000mm/40,000gm2 breathable?

Besides that, I'm picky about where I shop from (for anything). I don't just look at the prices only, I look at all the other factors involved. To me it's similar to why I don't shop at Walmart. They are the cheapest on the block but I don't like their business model or attitude, where their products come from, where their campaign contributions go to, etc.

Those are just a couple of the many reasons why I don't mind spending the extra $20 here and there..

mAv

Lil-Rokslider
^ I agree- I'm cheap as hell, but there are plenty of situations where I will shell out a bit more for quality, or to support a company/person that I respect for whatever reason- service, quality, business practice, whatever it may be.

voidecho

Lil-Rokslider
With Kuiu you also don't get products that live up to their advertised specs.. Do you really think the Chugach or Yukon Jackets are 20,000mm/40,000gm2 breathable?

Mine is very, very breathable. I tried on a Kryptec rain jacket at a store and started sweating immediately, standing still in a comfortable store. I get hot easily, which is why I picked the Chugach and I haven't been disapointed.

Yeah, it seems like a natural and unstoppable progression all forums like this go through. The difference with Rokslide, is the owners/moderators here are much different, and far better than other sites I have been to. It also seems like we have a more positive type of membership here, as well. For the most part.

The natural evolution of an internet forum.

Starts out small, usually like minded individuals with ACTUAL experience.
Than word gets out, the forum gets popular (usually coincides with the forums main topic of emphasis getting popular) and more and more people flock to it.
The BS starts getting deep, drama ensues, big pecker contests among internet tough guys, internet experts, young guys feeling their oats, and just plain idiots get more common.
The original group of guys with ACTUAL experience post less and less, and eventually go away.
The forum eventually dies, or defies the laws of nature and continues on as just a BS fest circle jerk dominated by chest thumping and pecker comparisons.

Its the circle of internet life. Seen it happen to more than one forum.

SJ-AK

Lil-Rokslider

Than word gets out, the forum gets popular (usually coincides with the forums main topic of emphasis getting popular) and more and more people flock to it.
The BS starts getting deep, drama ensues, big pecker contests among internet tough guys, internet experts, young guys feeling their oats, and just plain idiots get more common.
The original group of guys with ACTUAL experience post less and less, and eventually go away.
The forum eventually dies, or defies the laws of nature and continues on as just a BS fest circle jerk dominated by chest thumping and pecker comparisons.

Well said CC! I cringed when Rokslide had a "membership drive" not too long ago.

jmez

WKR

Pretty solid post

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well said CC! I cringed when Rokslide had a "membership drive" not too long ago.

If it just didn't cost so much time and money to keep something like Rokslide going, we wouldn't need those pesky members.