Kuiu Announcement Deleted?

In deference to my fellow Roksliders I'll try to lay off the company I love to hate.

Does this mean you will TRY or STOP spewing forth your vitriolic diatribe against all things Kuiu? I, for one, would appreciate the latter.

What I want to know is why the few kuiu employees that have been members of this forum for a number of years (way before all the drama) now are all of a sudden getting banned for posting about kuiu gear?? Seems a a little one sided to me.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I personally think it's not worth the drama to have threads about them. No middle ground just love or hate for thier products. Their own forum is all about how great their gear is. That being said no need to hate just for hating. I have some stuff and for the right price would pick up a couple more items.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I just deleted a post here on this merry-go-round thread.

I deleted it because it used the f-bomb against a company.

Don't do that.

Thanks.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
If someone has genuine honest feedback on the quality of a product, OK. If someone has something to say about unsavory or good business practices of a company, OK. To hate a company based on their falling out with Rokslide is ridiculous but it is your right, however it is not any of our business to defend the owners of rokslide on their own forum against a thread about kuiu or any other company for that matter. Rokslide owners are not children and can defend themselves, so if they choose to permit kuiu threads and you have nothing constructive to say then don't say anything.

whitingja

WKR
Things have become a little one sided here. There is currently a thread going on about how great kifaru is. I love kifaru and have their packs, but I don't see people going in there bashing the crap out of them, and nit picking on every comment. I just want to talk hunting. No politics please.

Good Lord, go do a workout or something. I can't for the life of my why some folks get their panties so bunched up about other people's gear. I really don't give two chits about what brand all of you use and neither should you.

Peace out.

Bubba

FNG
I hope this site doesn't turn into Monster Muleys! Hunting season needs to hurry up so I can piss all of the Senior (most post) Monster Muleys guys for there honey holes when I draw a tag!

KUIU "good stuff"!

idig4au

WKR
I hope this site doesn't turn into Monster Muleys! Hunting season needs to hurry up so I can piss all of the Senior (most post) Monster Muleys guys for there honey holes when I draw a tag!

KUIU "good stuff"!

Yeah all we need is a discussion on how a prevalent and successful outfitter/guide in Utah blocks roads and uses helicopters and we will be there!

idig4au

WKR
In deference to my fellow Roksliders I'll try to lay off the company I love to hate.

I agree with others on this. While it's understood of your dislike for this company, I would actually like to hear criticism or positive comments on what others who use these products have to say. This is how we all learn. It's becoming tiresome to hear your relentless bashing for the sack of bashing.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Guys,

I've been in the wilderness a lot the last month and just got back from another trip, so I apologize for not addressing these questions/issues earlier.

Here goes:

The Rokslide owners have (and will continue) to keep Kuiu threads up on the forums, but they need to stay somewhat POSITIVE! So I'm asking all of you (especially the haters), to only post first hand knowledge of the product. THIS MEANS YOU SHOULD NOT POST COMMENTS IN A KUIU THREAD IF YOU HAVE NOT USED THEIR GEAR.

In one of the earlier posts, someone asked why a Kuiu employe can not post on Rokslide about Kuiu products. This question has a very simple answer; anyone affiliated with a company that posts on the forums needs to be a sponsor. This isn't just for Kuiu, but any company. This rule is nothing new to Rokslide or forums in general. This, however, does not mean that they can't post on Rokslide about other subjects, but they will not be able to promote or answer questions about the company they work for. This rule isn't exclusive to Rokslide, but for any and all forums.

I don't have time for babysitting and the other moderators don't either. It seems like each time I come back from a backpacking trip I have a PM box full of anti and pro Kuiu comments about some post on the forums. We/I can understand your passion about a company that you believe in, but lets try and keep that passion pointing in a positive direction:)

Just about anyone that has called me for info on gear will tell you that I'm a pretty straight shooter (expect for the haters), so the comments about "Aron only promotes the companies he works with" is not true. I will obviously be more passionate about those companies, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to talk about all products when questioned. I can understand how some of you would THINK that, but if you've actually talked to me on the phone or in person, you will find that all gear is discussed.

So I'm asking all of you.......PLEASE STOP THIS SHIT ASAP AND TRY AND KEEP THE FORUMS A HAPPY PLACE TO HANG OUT ON!

I would really appreciate help from all the members on this and hope we can move forward in a positive direction!

Thanks again for being a Rokslide member!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If someone has genuine honest feedback on the quality of a product, OK. If someone has something to say about unsavory or good business practices of a company, OK. To hate a company based on their falling out with Rokslide is ridiculous but it is your right, however it is not any of our business to defend the owners of rokslide on their own forum against a thread about kuiu or any other company for that matter. Rokslide owners are not children and can defend themselves, so if they choose to permit kuiu threads and you have nothing constructive to say then don't say anything.

This pretty much sums things up.....great comment!

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks, Aron. To bad that the site needs a babysitter on the KUIU issues. Keep thinking I need to call you, but I know that will only cost me money.

Read Aron's post above. very good explanation and how it works on all forums I use. People on both sides just need to understand the rules and get over it. Get this place back to normal. One of the best forums I belong to.

What I want to know is why the few kuiu employees that have been members of this forum for a number of years (way before all the drama) now are all of a sudden getting banned for posting about kuiu gear?? Seems a a little one sided to me.