kifaru packs for women?

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
A little more info would be helpful. Like her height, and what she plans to do with the pack? Hunting? Backpacking? Approx expected load? There is nothing gender specific about the Kifaru packs that I have found, since they are all adjustable to a persons specific size

I have the KU5200, and have a few miles with the bikini frame and duplex frames (with various bags) as well. at 5'3 and around 135lbs and using a small waist belt I can carry them all ;) I decide which one I want to use based upon what type of trip it will be distance wise and how much I expect to have to haul.

Beastmode

WKR
My wife runs a bikini frame. It fits her very well. As Becca stated nothing gender specific about kifaru. My daughter on the other hand has an Arc'teryx altra 62 which has a heavy duty frame as far as backpacking packs are concerned.

duchntr

WKR
My wife uses a seek outside frame, it weighs under 4lbs all up i think...also any good mountaineering pack will carry moderate loads well. But if i was to buy a kifaru frame for her id get a 24" bikini bet it would be great.

OP
L

LJ Buck

WKR
A little more info would be helpful. Like her height, and what she plans to do with the pack? Hunting? Backpacking? Approx expected load? There is nothing gender specific about the Kifaru packs that I have found, since they are all adjustable to a persons specific size

I have the KU5200, and have a few miles with the bikini frame and duplex frames (with various bags) as well. at 5'3 and around 135lbs and using a small waist belt I can carry them all ;) I decide which one I want to use based upon what type of trip it will be distance wise and how much I expect to have to haul.

She is 5'7 and 135. Small waist. Backcountry hunting and other things. We live in North west wyo jackson area so it will be used for a variety of things all year long. She packed out a good portion of her boned out mule deer last yr in my pack. I use a stone glacier but she doesn't like the lack of pockets. So any help on the which direction to.go would be great.

Beastmode

WKR
My wife is very similar I'm size and the bt3 seems to be a good fit for her. She has back issues so carrying a ton of weight isn't an option. The smaller bag is about perfect for her. If your wife can handle that much weight I would look at at least a 5000 ci bag. the nice thing with kifaru is you can add pods and pockets to get a pack setup for your exact hunting/backpacking style.