Kifaru Shipping Costs

renagde

WKR
How does Kifaru justify their high shipping costs? Over $100 to ship an Ark frame to PA. Shouldnt cost more than $20-$30 which is what Exo is charging. Even their shipping for small items is outrageous. $30 for a couple bino pockets. No wonder there’s such a hot market for used Kifaru gear.

prm

WKR
Did you check some faster shipping? My Ark was $33 to VA. An order of smaller pockets and other items was $14.

WVTrooper

Lil-Rokslider
I've been on the fence about upgrading to the Ark. I just put one in the cart and it was $101.58 to ship UPS ground to WV so I guess I'm sticking with my Duplex Lite.

OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
I've been on the fence about upgrading to the Ark. I just put one in the cart and it was $101.58 to ship UPS ground to WV so I guess I'm sticking with my Duplex Lite.
Yup was going to do the exact thing last night until that stopped me. Was fortunate to find one in the classifieds but otherwise I wouldn't have upgraded. @Kenneth@Kifaru what going on?

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah that is crazy high. My frame was $24.94 ups to ID and $21 for a separate bag I ordered.

WVTrooper

Lil-Rokslider
I was going to pull the trigger shortly after the release. Had one in the cart then and it was around $37 then. I decided to wait until some guys got their hands on it to see if it was worth the upgrade.....now shipping has almost tripled in a month's time

Probably because a $570 price tag on the website would scare everyone away but by shifting (sneaking) the extra 70 bucks in at shipping you've already got most people committed to purchase. $100 to ship a 5 pound frame setup anywhere in the CONUS is outrageous.

Bcleck90

WKR
I ordered an Ark Frame and Stryker XL 2/28. Shipping was $24.45 to Alabama. I’d make a phone call and ask someone at Kifaru to verify it’s not a glitch online..

bozeman

WKR
This seems like a calculation error on the website....I'd call and verify. I am about 97% sure you will get a better price on shipping if you call.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
I just put one in the cart and new shipping was $62.20 vs $25 three weeks ago.

I just bought today and had it shipped to Texas...$23.30. I was more upset about the default Route Package Protection for $7.95 that I didn't see until after checkout.