KIFARU ARK FRAME review

Fedster

FNG
It’s funny to hear someone say that. After spending a small fortune on the ARK frame and Fulcrum pack, with all the goodies, I found the exact same thing as you. Literally to a T. After packing an Osprey Xenith for all of the 2023-2024 season, and eventually busting the frame through the fabric, I was in the market for a new pack. I did days of research, and came to the conclusion that the Kifaru Ark frame was going to be a buy once and forget about it type of pack. My initial impression was that the dense foam, and shape of the lumbar pad, tapering away toward the bottom, didn’t fit my tall, skinny frame well at all (6’1” 185lbs 30.5” waist). All of the contact was made on the top 2”, of the lumbar pad, it took irregular posture adjustment and 40+lbs to get the pad to compress into my back a bit better. But it isn’t fitting right, no matter how much I want it work. The frame and pack is made with incredible quality, and if it fit me right, I’m sure I’d be incredibly happy. Regardless, I think I’ll be trying a Stone Glacier, EXO Mountain, or Mystery Ranch and keeping the pack that rides the best.
keep the frame and see if you can put a different belt and shoulder straps on it. That is my plan in case it does not fit me well -- I'm after the frame not the belt.

All of the contact was made on the top 2”, of the lumbar pad, it took irregular posture adjustment and 40+lbs to get the pad to compress into my back a bit better. But it isn’t fitting right, no matter how much I want it work..............

I got my Ark frame last night. I'm a touch taller than you but got you by a bit on weight. I'm 235#. I attached a Ma Duece to the frame and put my 3 year old in it. She's sub 40#.. The frame seemed to pivot on the lumbar pad and shift a little bit side to side. I tightened the should straps a bit and it fixed the shifting but I think having the straps like that, it was a bit too tight.

My conclusion is that I need to probably drop 70#+ in the bag to get the lumbar pad to "break in" and conform a bit better. I'll have a longer review and conclusion hopefully by next monday.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
I got my Ark frame last night. I'm a touch taller than you but got you by a bit on weight. I'm 235#. I attached a Ma Duece to the frame and put my 3 year old in it. She's sub 40#.. The frame seemed to pivot on the lumbar pad and shift a little bit side to side. I tightened the should straps a bit and it fixed the shifting but I think having the straps like that, it was a bit too tight.

My conclusion is that I need to probably drop 70#+ in the bag to get the lumbar pad to "break in" and conform a bit better. I'll have a longer review and conclusion hopefully by next monday.

Someone mentioned that Aaron stated you can break in the foam by putting a weight on it. Baseball mitt kind of stuff.

Last edited:
Got my ARK in yesterday. I can definitely tell what some guys have mentioned about the top of the lumbar pad. However, that seemed to settle in really quickly after putting it on a hand full of times with 45+ lbs in the pack. My biggest question for everyone is have you tried setting it up to simulate carrying meat on the meat shelf? I went to do this to load my sand bag there and couldn’t figure out how to set up the top connections between the bag and the frame. I could set up the load lifters on the frame with those tab loops, but couldn’t figure out how to set up the bag to frame connections. Anyone know how to do this? Haven’t seen a video from Kifaru in this yet…

Got my ARK in yesterday. I can definitely tell what some guys have mentioned about the top of the lumbar pad. However, that seemed to settle in really quickly after putting it on a hand full of times with 45+ lbs in the pack. My biggest question for everyone is have you tried setting it up to simulate carrying meat on the meat shelf? I went to do this to load my sand bag there and couldn’t figure out how to set up the top connections between the bag and the frame. I could set up the load lifters on the frame with those tab loops, but couldn’t figure out how to set up the bag to frame connections. Anyone know how to do this? Haven’t seen a video from Kifaru in this yet…

When in "meat shelf" mode the bag does not slip over the top of the frame. you cinch your bag side straps to hold the meat up against the frame. The load lifter attach to the frame itself use the tabs that came with the frame

When in "meat shelf" mode the bag does not slip over the top of the frame. you cinch your bag side straps to hold the meat up against the frame. The load lifter attach to the frame itself use the tabs that came with the frame

I knew that much, just could not figure out how they did the bag-to-frame connection. Aron got back to me on an IG DM and showed me a video they have on YouTube that Kenneth did. It’s a very short video, but explains it. You have to double up two of the tab loops at the top. So, will try it out when I can.

I knew that much, just could not figure out how they did the bag-to-frame connection. Aron got back to me on an IG DM and showed me a video they have on YouTube that Kenneth did. It’s a very short video, but explains it. You have to double up two of the tab loops at the top. So, will try it out when I can.
Link to video would be great.