Kifaru Bedlam Designing

I wasn’t that interested in buying the new pack until I saw the working prototype video and pictures. I was picturing it being more of a daypack in my head. But now that I’ve seen it come to life, I think it’s awesome. I could definitely see myself utilizing that pack on a regular basis. Kifaru knocked this one out of the park for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
What if the right side bag strap connectors were between the zipper and frame to allow the zipper to be opened while the straps are still buckled? If that makes sense? Basically I’d like to be able to get in the main bag without having to unbuckle the side 2 straps if that’s possible.

Also offer it in CB!

prm

WKR
It was mentioned there is going to be a meat shelf. Any pics of it and how it is accessed?

also in the video it was mentioned that one compression strap will be added for a bow or something like that. If only one strap is added towards the the top how will bottom of bow be secured?

Very intrigued on this one especially the larger version.

For me, this is basically the pack I would’ve custom designed from the ground up. I get people are somewhat skeptical of the asymmetrical design, but as long as you are somewhat conscious of how you pack, you wont notice it. I did pilot testing of the ILBE, and even on that I wouldve preferred 1 side being full zip and the other open ended, that ultimtately ended up being symmetrical bottom pockets with (in my opinion) useless pass through sleeves. Youd always end up with a rifle or mortar rounds, tubes, barrels etc on one side, and you just had to be somewhat aware of how you loaded the other side. No different than any other pack. Symmetrical design does not = symmetrical weight.

Everyone has their own preferences, but for me this will check off nearly every box. I can see this knocking the 44 mag off the frame for sure.

Last edited:
For me, this is basically the pack I would’ve custom designed from the ground up. I get people are somewhat skeptical of the asymmetrical design, but as long as you are somewhat concious of how you pack, you wont notice it. I did pilot testing of the ILBE, and even on that I wouldve preferred 1 side being full zip and the other open ended, that ultimtately ended up being symmetrical bottom pockets with (in my opinion) useless pass through sleeves. Youd always end up with a rifle or mortar rounds, tubes, barrels etc on one side, and you just had to be somewhat aware of how you loaded the other side. No different than any other pack. Symmetrical design does not = symmetrical weight.

Everyone has their own preferences, but for me this will check off nearly every box. I can see this knocking the 44 mag off the frame for sure.
I’m definitely with you on this, pretty excited to see it.

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
What if the right side bag strap connectors were between the zipper and frame to allow the zipper to be opened while the straps are still buckled? If that makes sense? Basically I’d like to be able to get in the main bag without having to unbuckle the side 2 straps if that’s possible.

Also offer it in CB!
I think that would make the zipper weak and allow an extra hole for trash & water into the pack. Never seen a bag set up that way. Who knows, it may work. Would the strap still be in the way of what you were after?

fjmcguigan

Lil-Rokslider
3800ci Stryker/Shape charge hybrid with two belt pouch matrix’s on the front, taller side stretch pockets, x-pac load sling with a hydration sleeve.