Kifaru Bedlam Designing

Looks like a super versatile bag for sure, and there is nothing wrong with asymmetry that’s well thought out. Good looking bag for sure. That hellbender-ish pocket in the front is such a handy storage space too, and it looks good.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Kifaru is giving a Bedlam pack away at @Tony Trietch Film Premiere on 4/16

sivart

WKR
Would love to see a simple designed daybag, and 5000 ci multi day bag. Make them low 2 lbs. simple side pockets, and a sewn in top pocket just big enough for quick, essential gear. (the size of lg belt pouch). Basically similar to the exo bags.

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
Someone has already posted their Bedlam up in the FB group. Said it was too similar to the 44mag. 🤔

The 44 is an interesting bag to choose as the one it’s too similar to.

My Bedlam should be in tomorrow. My go to bag is and has been the 44 mag for 3 years. Last year I did 9 days out of it early season with med/lg belt pouches and claymore with 4-5 days of food in it. Im going to pack up the Bedlam tomorrow with the same gear list and as long as I can get 5-7 days with 2 med belt pouches and a lid (claymore preferably, but I have an OGL for more space) I cant see any other bag checking off every box like the Bedlam does. The key is 5-7 though.

That being said, I did order a K4 lid that Im going to try on the bedlam along witht he claymore and ogl. 650cu of extra space and the way exo lids fit on a pack is worth trying it out. Its 1 thing Kifaru has on the table that they havent made yet - everyones favorite part of the shape charge/22/44 mag is the lid organization - Seems like the next logical step in that line of bags is a stand alone mag lid that can be added to every other bag in the lineup.

Last edited:

TSF

FNG
The 44 is an interesting bag to choose as the one it’s too similar to.

My Bedlam should be in tomorrow. My go to bag is and has been the 44 mag for 3 years. Last year I did 9 days out of it early season with med/lg belt pouches and claymore with 4-5 days of food in it. Im going to pack up the Bedlam tomorrow with the same gear list and as long as I can get 5-7 days with 2 med belt pouches and a lid (claymore preferably, but I have an OGL for more space) I cant see any other bag checking off every box like the Bedlam does. The key is 5-7 though.

That being said, I did order a K4 lid that Im going to try on the bedlam along witht he claymore and ogl. 650cu of extra space and the way exo lids fit on a pack is worth trying it out. Its 1 thing Kifaru has on the table that they havent made yet - everyones favorite part of the shape charge/22/44 mag is the lid organization - Seems like the next logical step in that line of bags is a stand alone mag lid that can be added to every other bag in the lineup.
I was looking at the mystery ranch lid. Has anyone tried one of them on a Kifaru?

I was looking at the mystery ranch lid. Has anyone tried one of them on a Kifaru?

I packed up the Bedlam with a 7 day loadout, took it on a training hike and roaming around the woods scouting for turkeys the last few days. Honestly, I could not have designed a more perfect bag. WIth the ogl and a sherman, I could probably stretch it to 10 (I only hunt early season/archery and dont carry a spotter - just a tripod with outdoorsmans pistol grip for 10 or 12x binos). Maybe it wont check off every box for everyone, but its worth trying out if youre somewhat interested in the design. Every multi day bag Ive used since the ILBE there was a few things I wouldve changed. But not this one.

I did just throw 4 different lids on it to see how they fit. Obviously all 4 have different capacities, but all of them fit, and Id use any of the 4 of them depending on how much volume Id need. I do think the k4 lid fits the best up there. I prefer to use the smallest lid I can, so Id start with the claymore, go to the k4 lid, then the OGL. The Mystery Ranch and OGL dont seem all that different in what you can load up, so Id say its the odd man out. I did have to cut the buckles off the K4 and MR lids, and replace them with the slotted buckles Kifaru uses. Depending on bag height, you might also need a couple of guide lid straps for each as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2569.jpeg
    IMG_2569.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2570.jpeg
    IMG_2570.jpeg
    298.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2571.jpeg
    IMG_2571.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2572.jpeg
    IMG_2572.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2573.jpeg
    IMG_2573.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

TSF

FNG
I packed up the Bedlam with a 7 day loadout, took it on a training hike and roaming around the woods scouting for turkeys the last few days. Honestly, I could not have designed a more perfect bag. WIth the ogl and a sherman, I could probably stretch it to 10 (I only hunt early season/archery and dont carry a spotter - just a tripod with outdoorsmans pistol grip for 10 or 12x binos). Maybe it wont check off every box for everyone, but its worth trying out if youre somewhat interested in the design. Every multi day bag Ive used since the ILBE there was a few things I wouldve changed. But not this one.

I did just throw 4 different lids on it to see how they fit. Obviously all 4 have different capacities, but all of them fit, and Id use any of the 4 of them depending on how much volume Id need. I do think the k4 lid fits the best up there. I prefer to use the smallest lid I can, so Id start with the claymore, go to the k4 lid, then the OGL. The Mystery Ranch and OGL dont seem all that different in what you can load up, so Id say its the odd man out. I did have to cut the buckles off the K4 and MR lids, and replace them with the slotted buckles Kifaru uses. Depending on bag height, you might also need a couple of guide lid straps for each as well.
Good pics very helpful thanks!

Was hoping they would have put zippered pockets and Nalgene pockets on both sides.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Sadler

WKR
I’m a big fan of how they made that hellbender style pocket. I hope they incorporate that into an internal frame pack. Getting rid of all the webbing on the 357mag and replacing it with that pocket would be money.

prm

WKR

That K4 lid looks great.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I’m a big fan of how they made that hellbender style pocket. I hope they incorporate that into an internal frame pack. Getting rid of all the webbing on the 357mag and replacing it with that pocket would be money.
I actually prefer the webbing on the 357 mag. I put a large and medium belt pocket on it for organization.

It's my favorite pack for shooting matches.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually prefer the webbing on the 357 mag. I put a large and medium belt pocket on it for organization.

It's my favorite pack for shooting matches.
I agree it secures anything attached to the pals webbing, also let's the center zip open a predetermined amount and still allows for bigger loads to be strapped to the frame.

I do like the design features of bedlam pack can't wait to check it out in person

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I agree it secures anything attached to the pals webbing, also let's the center zip open a predetermined amount and still allows for bigger loads to be strapped to the frame.

I do like the design features of bedlam pack can't wait to check it out in person

I think you and I are talking about two different things/packs.

I'm talking about the pals webbing on the 357 mag, which has a horseshoe zipper and an internal frame.