Kifaru Bedlam Designing

moxford

Lil-Rokslider
Any of your secret designs match the want for a snow rig / big backcounty ski touring pack. Droppable main bag for big camps, avy shovel and pole pouch, big for cold weather gear, integrated lid, ski loops for a-frame carry, crampons pocket. Think: 5-7 day zero-degree skimo hut to hut or base camp drop with day touring, maybe in xpac.

Also was hoping for a Striker XXL a while back, but we never got one. Still hoping one of your upcoming designs is that one. :)

SDHNTR

WKR
Some great thoughts you presented. However, for me I just don’t understand or ever use a “meat shelf”; even though some of my bags have them. Just my opinion but I prefer a large enough bag to put meat inside with a contractor bag. I guess this is why having multiple bag options is a plus and we all win!!
I don’t understand putting warm meat inside a plastic bag.

JNDEER

WKR
Some great thoughts you presented. However, for me I just don’t understand or ever use a “meat shelf”; even though some of my bags have them. Just my opinion but I prefer a large enough bag to put meat inside with a contractor bag. I guess this is why having multiple bag options is a plus and we all win!!
More to do with where and when you hunt. No way could I put a July or August buck killed even after hanging to cool in a garbage bag. If you only hunt later in the year then having a giant back makes sense for not only your cold weather gear but putting the meat in the bag as well. In July and August or even hawaii- I don’t want the extra weight and need that meat to get as much air as possible.

I think it’s easier to put a meat shelf on a bag and have someone who doesn’t want it cut it out then to have a bag without it and try to sew one in.

SDHNTR

WKR
More to do with where and when you hunt. No way could I put a July or August buck killed even after hanging to cool in a garbage bag. If you only hunt later in the year then having a giant back makes sense for not only your cold weather gear but putting the meat in the bag as well. In July and August or even hawaii- I don’t want the extra weight and need that meat to get as much air as possible.

I think it’s easier to put a meat shelf on a bag and have someone who doesn’t want it cut it out then to have a bag without it and try to sew one in.
I agree. I use my meat shelf regularly. I don’t understand the inside the pack guys when a shelf/sandwich option is available.

I got what i wanted when i was able to ditch the bikini frame for the Tactical and moved my T1 over to it. The 7200 ci (with the snow collar) is the perfect size. If i could get a zip on either side id probably sell my MC Hoodlum for an overinflated price ;)

I commented on the YT video, Ill leave it here as well. Id like to see one of each pocket on a pack. 1 side like the hoodlum, the other like the reckoning.

I don’t know if it’s possible, but I’d prefer to have 1 zippered side pocket and 1 open billow side pocket. On my 44 mag and hoodlum, I carry my tent or spotter with zip closed on one side and extra arrows/trekking poles/longer items on the other side with the zipper open. I’d like to see both style side pockets on 1 pack, that’s essentially how I use them anyway. 1 side fully zipped, the other zipped to the point before it goes horizontal because taller items are sticking out of it.

The side with the open top pocket could also be the side with the main bag access zipper since there’s no other zipper on that side.

Ultimately I want some kind of access to the main bag besides just the top. Not a fan of the top access only bags.

On the new video of the Bedlam evolution, kind of took my idea from page 1 almost to a t, must actually read these things. Theres a 44 mag style zip pocket on 1 side, and an open pocket with a zip into the main bag on the other. Hmmm. I like it.

Last edited:
I’m loving the new design, especially its useful asymmetry.

I seem to remember Aron saying asymmetrical packs don’t sell well at some point in the past (maybe I’m misremembering) so I can’t help but wonder if this is an attempt to mainstream the utility of asymmetry.

TheViking

WKR
I’m loving the new design, especially its useful asymmetry.

I seem to remember Aron saying asymmetrical packs don’t sell well at some point in the past (maybe I’m misremembering) so I can’t help but wonder if this is an attempt to mainstream the utility of asymmetry.

At first it made me twitch, but after thinking about it, I like it too. Tripod on the open side, and love the nalgene pocket, then a pocket for your spotter. Nice to have dedicated spots for things.

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Man that pack in the last video looked good. They also mentioned a bigger version.

Gonna be hard not to get one, but hard to justify when I have a hellbender, 44 mag, and hoodlum.

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
I saw the video. Not wild about the big pocket only on one side. I don't use a spotter, rarely take a tripod. I'm worried about making it lopsided now.

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Man that pack in the last video looked good. They also mentioned a bigger version.

Gonna be hard not to get one, but hard to justify when I have a hellbender, 44 mag, and hoodlum.
We will have a bigger version of the Bedlam as well.

You do have a solid set up. the 3 of those have been our biggest selling bags with the Stryker XL. I do think the Bedlam will be up there with them in sales.