Is Pueblo a ghetto??

OP
C

cowboydan

FNG
Well then. I guess this explains why the house was priced like it is and the job is eager to hire . I mean we live in a small town that has the local meth heads and gangsta wannabe kids here and there but nothing compared to what I’m seeing in Pueblo. Definitely not sounding like somewhere I’m taking my kids . It’s by no means where I would want to live anyways but on the other hand I can’t afford a 500k house .

OP
C

cowboydan

FNG
Why not c-springs and commute for work to Pueblo?
That’s been considered but I need I big house but not a $500k house . Although I think all these answers explain why houses are cheaper in Pueblo .....

OP
C

cowboydan

FNG
Two years ago I fished the Arkansas River Tailwater below Pueblo Reservoir. I went with a friend of a friend who lived nearby and fished it fairly often. We had a nice day, it was slow but we caught a few decent fish. At the end of the day we were having a beer at the trucks and I asked him how the fishing was farther downstream. He said it was surprisingly good, but said not to forget your gat.

If I go fishing and have to bring a gat, it better be for bears, or I'm not going. Thanks but no thanks.

Pueblo green Chile's are fantastic though.
I typically stay strapped with a gat regardless but I’d sure hate to haft to use it . Funny thing I actually live on the Arkansas river right now but in Arkansas. I think that’s the Arkansas “creek” your talking about 😂

Mojave

WKR
We just drive through there going back and forth between NM and WY. Usually stay in Colorado Springs when we stay the night. Most of the time we stop at Sams or Costco or whatever it is and get gas and have a pee break in Pueblo.

I know a dude that is from there, and he bitches about it every chance he can get.

it sounds like you just need some conditioning… may I suggest moving to downtown Portland for a few months? Crazy liberal pronouns during the day, and homeless zombies and gangs at night… couple months there, Pueblo probably will seem pretty nice

People train to hunt, why not train to live? It’s all relative

it sounds like you just need some conditioning… may I suggest moving to downtown Portland for a few months? Crazy liberal pronouns during the day, and homeless zombies and gangs at night… couple months there, Pueblo probably will seem pretty nice

He's not wrong.

Tho rather than training I think it's called perspective.

Yoder

WKR

Or Afghanistan.

260madman

WKR
We drove through Pueblo back in 2007 and it looked ghetto back then. Can’t imagine what it’s like now.

I drive through every year, stop and get gas, and go on. I did stop at a gun/outdoor shop there a few years ago, looking for an elk call that I had lost. They didn't have it and I didn't venture any further. Like someone said before Canon city looks much nicer if you commute. FWIW I like on the Arkansas too, just in OK. Fishing is decent here too.

OP
C

cowboydan

FNG
Unless he lives on the AR river at Pine Bluff, you would be wrong. That said if he is at Pine Bluff, you are right on the money. LOL
Beat me to it lol. I live in a town with like 3000 ppl. And we keep the thugs in check ....