Is Pueblo a ghetto??

LOL. This thread is funny.

I lived on the west side of Colorado Springs from 79-83. It was rough then, wonder what it's like now. Front range was a very cool place once upon a time.

Thornton, Commerce City, Federal Heights, all a handful of years ago were pooptacular and then we're gentrified.

Now those places are hot. Pueblo will be the same.

Make the move and vote Republican.

Just for the heck of it I looked up Pueblos crime rate, It's 93.9% higher than all other USA cities. Holy crap, great place to avoid.

Never been, but if it's run by Democrats, I'm sure it's a ssshhiiithole.

Just guessing....
statistically speaking, it's really not a guess..... if they maintain power, we'll probably end up renaming the country, because i think they are mostly offended by America, and for sure offended by what it represents.

it's frustrating, because my home state (Oregon), just like Co, has SOOOOOO much potential to be an awesome state..... if it wasn't for the local politics, i would argue with anyone, that Oregon is for sure in the top 3 states in this country.... i wouldn't currently argue that.

Co is very similar in that regard, flat out beautiful state with tons of recreation, world class hunting potential, and just generally a cool state

FWIW, my daughter just inherited a house in Pueblo. It is appraised for roughly half what the same house would sell for in Fort Collins. There's a reason for that..

My first house was in east colfax Denver and people seem to claim to it was a bad area . We loved it, great neighbors/ community. Needed a bigger place with another kid, so had to move the homes had tripled in value, so sold and moved to burbs for affordable home.
What year? I lived in various spots between colfax & Colorado and colfax & Havana from1990-95.

Homeless is just living off the grid.

2012-2016 so more recently. 12th/Quebec
My uncle used to buy drugs on that corner. Pizza wasn’t the only thing being delivered by Blackjack pizza

My uncle used to buy drugs on that corner. Pizza wasn’t the only thing being delivered by Blackjack pizza
There is certainly that element of city charm:) House are just really expensive. you can’t really get the same community feel in rural or suburbs that you can get in the city. Just a unique benefit for sure. Still go down to visit.

There is certainly that element of city charm:) House are just really expensive. you can’t really get the same community feel in rural or suburbs that you can get in the city. Just a unique benefit for sure. Still go down to visit.
I know what you mean, work gets me to some really nice small communities hidden in the city but it’s not a place for me to rest my head, I like suburbia for that.

I know what you mean, work gets me to some really nice small communities hidden in the city but it’s not a place for me to rest my head, I like suburbia for that.
I get it, we are in highlands ranch and there are benefits to living in the compound:)

Funny, as I sit in my home in Albuquerque I was about to comment on what I think about Pueblo…. 😂 I guess it’s like any city, depends on what part you live and work in. There are parts of Albuquerque that have turned to garbage and aren’t even recognizable after being here 20 years. Same could be said for most places I’m sure.
The crooked Soros funded DA was at the law school giving a presentation on how he reduced crime in abq.. and during his speech the deans wife car was stolen out of the parking lot.

I’ve only driven through Pueblo but based on the fact that Coloradans exaggerate everything and think that Denver is on par with the south side of Chicago I would say that Pueblo is probably fine. I have yet to find an area of Denver that I feel like I shouldn’t be there unlike a few neighborhoods in the Minneapolis area where I grew up in the 80’s and for sure driving down Stony Island Ave in south Chicago. Yeah, parts of Pueblo are old and look run down, the old steel mill along I25 gives it that Gary Indiana look, but I would guess that if you don’t live in the obvious areas that it probably isn’t much different than any other city in Colorado.

I’ve only driven through Pueblo but based on the fact that Coloradans exaggerate everything and think that Denver is on par with the south side of Chicago I would say that Pueblo is probably fine. I have yet to find an area of Denver that I feel like I shouldn’t be there unlike a few neighborhoods in the Minneapolis area where I grew up in the 80’s and for sure driving down Stony Island Ave in south Chicago. Yeah, parts of Pueblo are old and look run down, the old steel mill along I25 gives it that Gary Indiana look, but I would guess that if you don’t live in the obvious areas that it probably isn’t much different than any other city in Colorado.
Funny cause I have always gotten that Cicero vibe driving through Pueblo, just different landscape. LOL

Back