kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
My 22-250 has a mountain tactical handle with an apa bolt knob. It works a lot better than a lot of the others I've tried.

Attachments

• 20221217_110630.jpg
    20221217_110630.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 20211225_161749.jpg
    20211225_161749.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 191

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
All the oversized and extended bolt knobs and handles do that. We need a T1x bolt handle/knob for the T3. It will be slightly more effort to lift due to less leverage, but will completely eliminate the accidental push up that causes the rifle not to fire.
I had this exact thing happen to me last fall while hunting. In the moment I couldn’t figure out what was causing the rounds to not fire and it caused some unnecessary chaos. Luckily I got the deer and after the fact I was able to quickly determine the cause, made me feel silly.

Just out of curiosity what does the t1x handle/knob do differently than the oversized t3x knobs?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Just out of curiosity what does the t1x handle/knob do differently than the oversized t3x knobs?

The shaft is shorter, and it’s straight, not angled.

These are both with the vertical hips, and the Tourbon knobs but you can see the difference-

T3151CF961-565B-4491-96CF-9ECC0C532F4A.jpeg

T1-
8D2EBE67-256F-429A-A76C-7E850105A6FA.jpeg

In contrast, here’s the Sauer 100, which is about right-

7C4D2D01-5293-4967-81BE-3F6F57960998.jpeg

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
Oh ya, that’s way shorter, wonder if a factory t3x handle can be cut and threaded to accept aftermarket bolt knobs?

I've wondered the same. A portion of the factory handle is hollow from the knob up into the thinner shaft area. Attempting to cut and thread one by hand is on my to-do list despite the potential thinness of the shaft walls.

I'll probably find a way to make it work and it's probably not going to be worth the effort, but what the hell.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I've wondered the same. A portion of the factory handle is hollow from the knob up into the thinner shaft area. Attempting to cut and thread one by hand is on my to-do list despite the potential thinness of the shaft walls.

I'll probably find a way to make it work and it's probably not going to be worth the effort, but what the hell.
Ehh it’ll be fun to tinker with and you may end up loving it haha. I have an extra handle I’m kinda debating cutting and trying to thread or have threaded.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I emailed krg about the possibility of a bravo lite, here is there response.

“Juan, there may be a project down the line that may be what you are looking for. This said it will not happen soon. We are developing multiple projects that customers have been asking for, but this process takes time. Be sure to check our website for new announcement.

-KRG”

However, this got me to thinking. Has anyone looked at the chassis close enough to see if there is any way to shave off a decent enough amount of weight with a mill without compromising the integrity of the stock? The more I shoot with it for more I like it, I just wish it was closer in weight to the xlr/hnt26.

“Juan, there may be a project down the line that may be what you are looking for. This said it will not happen soon. We are developing multiple projects that customers have been asking for, but this process takes time. Be sure to check our website for new announcement.

-KRG”

However, this got me to thinking. Has anyone looked at the chassis close enough to see if there is any way to shave off a decent enough amount of weight with a mill without compromising the integrity of the stock? The more I shoot with it for more I like it, I just wish it was closer in weight to the xlr/hnt26.

I’ve been contemplating this. I haven’t looked to much at it yet but think a guy could drill or dremel out some of the center metal area in the forearm area and leave the edges. Not sure how much it would save in weight or loose in rigidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-KRG”

I heard similar positive info to this and to not expect anything in 2023. Regardless, it means i'm not buying any lightweight stocks for a tikka anytime soon unless something very compelling is released.

More rokslider inquiry/requests for a lightweight bravo, especially for tikkas, cant hurt the timeline!

rabbithuntr

Lil-Rokslider
[mention]Formidilosus [/mention]i noticed all you pics had metal magazines, are they more reliable or less likely to come unlatched inadvertently?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Yes sorry I was meaning to ask about the difference between metal aics mags vs. magpul aics mags

Magpul mags generally do not work with Tikka’s without modification. I have no issue with good polymer mags.