ridgeline

FNG
^^^ Weight and specs on that one?^^^
T3X Stainless Steel, rattle canned, .308 chopped to 18", MDT 20moa rail Helos BTR GEN2 2-12 Mil/Mil... 9Lb 8oz. Yo Dave trigger spring and a lil bling. Lapua, Varget, 200's, 155 Scenars, Horn' 155 Eld's and Horn' 168 Amax and then it just do what Teekers do..... grin.

I've been trying with a new 6mm build and dropping it in a bravo...can weight it uo as required for range fun and drop most of that and throw it on your pack...

But what's with their fitment issues with r700 clones?

-Impact 737r needs a grinder to the screw on chassis near the lug the trigger hanger fits, according to KRG
-LP Fuzion has fitment issues according to KRG
-Terminus Zues owners also reported fitment issues, but haven't asked KRG about that yet.

Wish they'd publish a list of actions that DO actually fit well....obviously tikka, but I've scratched that itch multiple times.

This is pretty normal with aftermarket chassis. Even with a standard 700 action which the chassis are cut for you sometimes need to modify them for different aftermarket triggers.

Bravos are decent for the price, but I wouldn’t drop $1500 for an impact and then turn around and put it in a Tupperware bravo. Just saying.

sacklunch

WKR
This is pretty normal with aftermarket chassis. Even with a standard 700 action which the chassis are cut for you sometimes need to modify them for different aftermarket triggers.

Bravos are decent for the price, but I wouldn’t drop $1500 for an impact and then turn around and put it in a Tupperware bravo. Just saying.
i disagree...never owned another chassis that had issues, maybe its just been luck combos, but KRG is the only one I regularly read about fitment issues with. AIAX and dropped a surgeon right in. MPA and dropped a bighorn right in after pulling it from a manners mini chassis. the only 709 footprint that should maybe have issues are ones with a trigger hanger...but it's more than that with the bravo.

But to clarify you do realize the bravo is the same internal chassis as the Whiskey...but the bravo isn't good enough for a custom action?

i disagree...never owned another chassis that had issues, maybe its just been luck combos, but KRG is the only one I regularly read about fitment issues with. AIAX and dropped a surgeon right in. MPA and dropped a bighorn right in after pulling it from a manners mini chassis. the only 709 footprint that should maybe have issues are ones with a trigger hanger...but it's more than that with the bravo.

But to clarify you do realize the bravo is the same internal chassis as the Whiskey...but the bravo isn't good enough for a custom action?

I’ve had to take a dremel to multiple AI chassis to get triggers to fit. There is no spec when it comes to aftermarket 700 actions and triggers. There’s also actions with different angle bolt handles that will require modifying that area of a chassis too, including AI chassis, I’ve done that too.

The backbone is the same but the shit on the outside of it is not. So no, if I’m spending $1500 on a nice action I’m not going to cheap out and put it in a $400 bravo chassis. Bravos and X-rays are good and have their place, but excellent quality they are not. Just look at how the plastics line up above the trigger area and such.

sacklunch

WKR
I’ve had to take a dremel to multiple AI chassis to get triggers to fit. There is no spec when it comes to aftermarket 700 actions and triggers. There’s also actions with different angle bolt handles that will require modifying that area of a chassis too, including AI chassis, I’ve done that too.

The backbone is the same but the shit on the outside of it is not. So no, if I’m spending $1500 on a nice action I’m not going to cheap out and put it in a $400 bravo chassis. Bravos and X-rays are good and have their place, but excellent quality they are not. Just look at how the plastics line up above the trigger area and such.
Find me a chassis that you need to mod at least a handful of the most popular actions to fit...outside of KRG that is.

Sorry dude, not buying it that it's normal. And a dremel to some plastic to make a bolt handle fit is far different than an action rocking in the chassis, or dremeling off a screw head and down into the internal chassis.

Find me a chassis that you need to mod at least a handful of the most popular actions to fit...outside of KRG that is.

Sorry dude, not buying it that it's normal. And a dremel to some plastic to make a bolt handle fit is far different than an action rocking in the chassis, or dremeling off a screw head and down into the internal chassis.

Then don’t buy one if it’s such a problem. There are plenty of times that you need to modify a chassis to work with an action or trigger though. Who cares? Most of them take a few minutes with a dremel that you never see. If it’s a bolt handle relief it would be wise to do it on a mill if you don’t want it to look like shit.

sacklunch

WKR
Then don’t buy one if it’s such a problem. There are plenty of times that you need to modify a chassis to work with an action or trigger though. Who cares? Most of them take a few minutes with a dremel that you never see. If it’s a bolt handle relief it would be wise to do it on a mill if you don’t want it to look like shit.

While I do appreciate your unsolicited inputs and opinions, super valuable... Unless you have a list of actions that fit in a Bravo without mods, not sure why you decided to tag me in your comment. I didn't ask if you thought a Bravo was worth of a custom action, nor did I ask if you though having to mod a chassis to fit an action is a big deal or not. Simply said I wish KRG wod post a list of actions that DO fit with no modifications required.

Last edited:

BLJ

WKR
T3X Stainless Steel, rattle canned, .308 chopped to 18", MDT 20moa rail Helos BTR GEN2 2-12 Mil/Mil... 9Lb 8oz. Yo Dave trigger spring and a lil bling. Lapua, Varget, 200's, 155 Scenars, Horn' 155 Eld's and Horn' 168 Amax and then it just do what Teekers do..... grin.

9.5# for that setup is pretty good. Considering the stock and the scope. I could live with that number.
Any idea how much weight was lost due to the barrel chop? Was it previously 22”.

ridgeline

FNG
9.5# for that setup is pretty good. Considering the stock and the scope. I could live with that number.
Any idea how much weight was lost due to the barrel chop? Was it previously 22”.
Barrel started @ 22" off cut weighs 4 5/8 oz. I'm happy where it landed weight wise, it's very easy to shoot well and no burden to tote around...

@General RE LEE have you weighed the UPR stock? Curious how it'd compare to the bravo.

After more time, how do you like the two strictly from a shooting function standpoint? I love the grip on the bravos, skeptical i'd like the UPR as much.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I like mine enough that my brand new Manners eh1 is still sitting in the safe.

Attachments

• 20230225_091903.jpg
    20230225_091903.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 200

Juan_ID

WKR
It is the anarchy handle, and I really like it. I'm probably the only person on this planet that prefers it over the Sterk handle.
I had a sterk and in use with the factory stock I didn’t care for it. Now that I have a bravo I’m not thinking of trying a swept handle again. I’ll be trying either the anarchy or the lumley.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I hated the Sterk with a regular stock. It seemed like it was always in the way, and I was always bumping it when I was shooting. The anarchy doesn't seem to be as long and swept back at the Sterk.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I hated the Sterk with a regular stock. It seemed like it was always in the way, and I was always bumping it when I was shooting. The anarchy doesn't seem to be as long and swept back at the Sterk.

All the oversized and extended bolt knobs and handles do that. We need a T1x bolt handle/knob for the T3. It will be slightly more effort to lift due to less leverage, but will completely eliminate the accidental push up that causes the rifle not to fire.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
All the oversized and extended bolt knobs and handles do that. We need a T1x bolt handle/knob for the T3. It will be slightly more effort to lift due to less leverage, but will completely eliminate the accidental push up that causes the rifle not to fire.
I completely agree!