I did extensive searching for images of hunting with KRG Bravo chassis and surprisingly it’s mostly pics of rifles around the house.

I’m on the fence if I will hunt with the Bravo or swap back to the factory Tikka UPR stock which is lighter and also nice. The Bravo is a tad on the heavy side but very doable.

Anyone hunt with their KRG Bravo chassis and got any images from the hunt? Did anyone consider hunting with the Bravo but later changed your mind due to ergos or weight?

You're overthinking this. The KRG Bravo is a fine stock and is suited for hunting. Sure it could be lighter but the weight is what it is for now. I've seen multiple pics of Tikkas in KRG Bravo stocks posted. Two members I can think of off hand that hunt extensively with them are @PNWGATOR and @Formidilosus. Searching some of their posts will turn up pictures for sure (they may chime in with pics to this thread too).

OP
General RE LEE
You're overthinking this. The KRG Bravo is a fine stock and is suited for hunting. Sure it could be lighter but the weight is what it is for now. I've seen multiple pics of Tikkas in KRG Bravo stocks posted. Two members I can think of off hand that hunt extensively with them are @PNWGATOR and @Formidilosus. Searching some of their posts will turn up pictures for sure (they may chime in with pics to this thread too).

Yes I 100% agree I'm over thinking this lol. That's not uncommon for OCD types like myself on hunting, shooting and reloading forums.

I really like the Bravos but now that the UPR is out i'm not sure i'd go racing to use a bravo for hunting over the UPR stock. Haven't used a UPR yet though, just going off of pictures.

View attachment 511043

I've only had this one a couple weeks, but they certainly work...

That said I'm interested in saving a pound for some hunts via a UPR myself.

Were you hunting with HUNT TALK MAN?

OP
General RE LEE
I really like the Bravos but now that the UPR is out i'm not sure i'd go racing to use a bravo for hunting over the UPR stock. Haven't used a UPR yet though, just going off of pictures.

What’s interesting is the UPR came out in 2020 without much fanfare.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Do you know if the UPR stock will be available? or is it just a whole gun?

SouthPaw

WKR
I think the UPR would be a good option for heavier barrel Tikkas to keep the weight from becoming excessive (CTR/varmint barrels). For a T3X Lite, the Bravo is perfect. Can the buttpad of the UPR be raised to meet the bore line?

6.5CM 9.5lbs

sitka1.jpg

sram9102

WKR
I think the UPR would be a good option for heavier barrel Tikkas to keep the weight from becoming excessive (CTR/varmint barrels). For a T3X Lite, the Bravo is perfect. Can the buttpad of the UPR be raised to meet the bore line?

6.5CM 9.5lbs

View attachment 511181
Is that the tourbon bolt knob?
If so how do you like it?

99db09301849beb40d4e9860ce42ff30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk