clem

FNG
@clem what kind of arca rail are you running? The KGS one is 10oz and I need to put the rifle on a diet.
Area 419 10". 3.5oz. Love it. You've also got a little wiggle room on position. I like mine a bit forward of the forend.

clem

FNG
Love the carbon fibre barrel and 3lb Razor combo….
Nice looking rifle though.

Is that the 3-18 Razor?
😂Tell me about it! You're not the first person to give me s*** about it. It's actually the 4-27 and it's heeeeaaaavy. I bought if for comp shooting (this is also my comp gun) but it was the only quality scope I had at the time that I could rely on out in the field. I've since procured an LHT that's less than half the weight. You work with what you've got right?

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
😂Tell me about it! You're not the first person to give me s*** about it. It's actually the 4-27 and it's heeeeaaaavy. I bought if for comp shooting (this is also my comp gun) but it was the only quality scope I had at the time that I could rely on out in the field. I've since procured an LHT that's less than half the weight. You work with what you've got right?
I thought the contrast was funny, its a very nice looking rifle.

Do you shoot NRL hunter with it?
I'm guessing its a pretty heavy setup, too light for PRS so must barely be under 16lb?

Juan_ID

WKR
I’ve been contemplating this. I haven’t looked to much at it yet but think a guy could drill or dremel out some of the center metal area in the forearm area and leave the edges. Not sure how much it would save in weight or loose in rigidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t have any good pics but had a buddy with a mill go to town on it and it may have lost a couple oz but that’s it. It seems most the weight to be lost would be in the plastic shell and buttstock… 🤔CD568262-787B-4A8A-9B08-A86EA4BE8A75.jpeg
A8363F1C-FE0A-4D6C-97E1-1C41E9E436AB.jpeg

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
If KRG would get their sh!t together and make a modern version of the Bravo in a functional weight they could own the market.

I’ve sent them an e mail as have others. Lip service. Nothing has changed in construction materials or design. 🤷‍♂️

Lotta opportunity for a manufacturer who will listen and build their produc correctly.

Last edited:

rabbithuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I like my bravo, I do wish it was lighter. I do think I would be tough to make a light weight stock that is as durable as their current stocks without a significant price increase. I also know very little about modern manufacturing and materials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
I think all the Bravo needs is to loose some weight from the rear.

It's easy to add the weight back in if you want it but on a light contour barrel rifle it ends up very rear heavy.

Not sure if it's easily doable but I'd like to see the aluminum back bone be completely separate from the plastic parts and not so many screws to install it all.

I'd like to see a chassis that you could make nice and light for a hunting rifle, then stack out with weights for competition/target use.
A long with a quick change barrel setup you could easily have a single rifle that you can use for almost anything.

Similar to what Sako attempted with the S20 but keep the compatability with the accessories and weights currently available.

Dobermann

WKR
If KRG would get their sh!t together and make a modern version of the Bravo in a functional weight they could own the market.

I’ve sent them an e mail as have others. Lip service. Nothing has changed in construction materials or design. 🤷‍♂️

Lotta opportunity for a manufacturer who will listen and build their produc correctly.
Yup. And now MDT have just come out with their field rifle stock which is .2 lbs / 90 grams heavier than the Bravo ... 🙄

BLJ

WKR
Yup. And now MDT have just come out with their field rifle stock which is .2 lbs / 90 grams heavier than the Bravo ... 🙄

I saw this the other day and I was hopeful as well. Until I saw the weight.

clem

FNG
I thought the contrast was funny, its a very nice looking rifle.

Do you shoot NRL hunter with it?
I'm guessing its a pretty heavy setup, too light for PRS so must barely be under 16lb?
I'd really like to shoot an NRL hunter but there's none in my immediate area and I'm lazy. I do shoot PRS with it. With the Razor on top it comes in close to 12lbs, which is heavy for a hunting rifle and very light for PRS. It's a 6.5 Creedmoor so the recoil isn't bad but it just forces you to have solid fundamentals in order to see impacts. That said, with the LHT on top it's hovering around 10lbs which is way more manageable as a hunting rifle. I throw the Razor back on top for PRS and add forend weights (inside and out) and an internal grip weight, and I can get it around 15 lbs. Still light but waaaaaay easier to spot impacts (let's me be far sloppier).

OP
General RE LEE
@General RE LEE have you weighed the UPR stock? Curious how it'd compare to the bravo.

After more time, how do you like the two strictly from a shooting function standpoint? I love the grip on the bravos, skeptical i'd like the UPR as much.

Hope you don’t mind me responding to this question 5 months later lol.

Actually the palm swell on the UPR is very similar to the Bravo. Remember, Tikka is owned by Sako and the Bravo is a clone of the Sako TRG stock. There is probably some commonality going on. The UPR stock is much lighter than the Bravo and for a hunting stock, probably better just because it’s lighter. I like the UPR stock enough that I have my eye out for one.

OP
General RE LEE
For you folks concerned about the weight, are y’all mostly hiking and spot and stalk?

I hunt out of blinds here in Tennessee over big crop fields. A heavy rifle isn’t much of a burden cause I’m lugging it short distances from the truck to the blind. The extra weight comes in handy when resting forearm on the window steadying for a shot.

Last edited: