Hunting Rifle Trigger Pull Weight

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
12oz to 14oz, heaviest is just over a pound. I prefer 1lb and under on my bolts. But most of my rifles would be considered ultra lights

Sled

WKR
12oz to 14oz, heaviest is just over a pound. I prefer 1lb and under on my bolts. But most of my rifles would be considered ultra lights

I'm curious if you under 1lb guys hunt in freezing conditions and use gloves? Can you get enough tactile feel on something that light?

BigAl!

WKR
All I ever used were rifles with a trigger weight between 2.5 and 4 lbs, then I used a 1.5 and will never go back.

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
12-16 Oz. Wouldn't recommend it for others until they've shot and hunted enough to have their own opinions. No problem shooting them in gloves, but when the hands go numb that's a different story. There is some liability, and I accept the tradeoffs.

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
No idea never weighed one, I back a tikka trigger out until it hits the mounting bolt and shoot it. All of the rest of them are what they are and I shoot them, the only one I would call too heavy is the trigger tech on my 22. It’s backed all the way out and I wish it was a little lighter still.

DaleW

WKR
1.5lbs on my jewel trigger and 2lbs on triggertech. For whatever reason the triggertech triggers just feel lighter to me.

Sled

WKR
1.5lbs on my jewel trigger and 2lbs on triggertech. For whatever reason the triggertech triggers just feel lighter to me.

Could be the shape of the blade or your finger placement being lower on the TT?

jfs82

WKR
Don't tell anyone, but I use an unadjusted, stock tikka trigger... so whatever it came at.

DaleW

WKR
Could be the shape of the blade or your finger placement being lower on the TT?
It's probably a combination of those things making it feel lighter. I mainly just set my pull weight to how the individual trigger feels.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
I had a build done with a diamond by TT, and I can’t recall the weight but it how they come stock. I think 1.1 lb, so much better than heavy for me. It is 5.5lb rifle. Going to lighten my Fieldcraft as well.