Christensen Arms Modern Hunting Rifle

Folks are talking trash but get a few adult beverages in them and there'll be some takers. There always are.

The price is a non-starter for me. It is definitely approaching custom build price. The custom builder up the road from me warned me about CA quality issues and I should have listened. My Mesa is a shooter since it made a trip back to Gunnison but I doubt I'd buy another CA. Certainly not for that price.

When they announced it at shot this year I figured it would have a $1500 msrp and compete with the sako s20. At the $3400 price, it competes with nothing.

Broz and his sponsored crew seem to be the only ones who get CAs that actually function properly, so between that and the price I would never consider buying one of these.

hunt1up

WKR
That gun is a head scratcher. We get it, the FFTs are made out of used milk bottles or whatever.

I recently bought a new Alamo Precision Maverick for many hundreds cheaper. Christensen seems to have taken the "F-you pricing" approach with this one, similar to companies like Yeti.

The MHR is ugly and out of my price range. But, the talk of CA being junk is off base. I have shot two and own one of the Ridgelines in 6.5 PRC. Both rifles had good fit, cycled smooth enough and are both sub MOA. I bought mine used from the original purchaser who is a trusted friend. He bought the FFT and loves it also. I am not a fanboy as I also love my Tikka T3 SL, Browning HCS and a host of Remington Model Sevens. Only accurate rifles are interesting. The rest get moved down the road.

EddieNel

Lil-Rokslider
That gun is a head scratcher. We get it, the FFTs are made out of used milk bottles or whatever.

I recently bought a new Alamo Precision Maverick for many hundreds cheaper. Christensen seems to have taken the "F-you pricing" approach with this one, similar to companies like Yeti.
Dude I’ve never heard of these guys and they are in my backyard. I’m pretty impressed with what I’m reading. Definitely going to give them a hard look at doing a rifle for me.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
I'm interested in the review. The features are good but that MSRP is a bit high, even on gun.deals it's ~3300

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
I think they are trying to create an alternative to Gunwerks but at a fraction of the price. For that money, you're much better going with a custom, you can build a DIY with pre-fits for under 4k.

This one for example in 6.5 CM Defiance/Proof/McMillan/Hawkins/TriggerTech