Hunting Problems

So I'm doing a bit of research
What are the problems you hunters face,like equipments you would like to have or even equipments you would like companies to create?

I would like more USA made options in all equipment.
my wife started a small textile type company once. she had a cute little niche product that was selling very well locally, she started making more of them and selling them around the world. Developed a pretty cool following and she was getting far more orders than she could support. We tried finding a way to make them in large numbers in a way that would keep it made in the USA and keep them at a price point they would sell at. In one market we even bumped the price up to what we thought we would have to do if we were going to farm out the production. This took it over that $10 mark. Sold almost nothing. If we farmed it out overseas we could keep the costs down and sell these things like crazy and we made money. Even just hiring a couple local people to do the work pushed the cost up so much higher that if we were going to make money on the project (that is the goal) we would have had to bump the cost way up. We could have made 1000 of them in Asia for the cost of 100 of them made here. (sort of... obviously not that simple or cut and dry but close) At $9.99 they flew off the shelf. at $14.99 couldnt sell them.... and we could not make them for $14.99 in the USA.. it sucks but that is my little taste of reality when it comes to made in the USA. In the end she got an admin job at school... spends way too much time there and the money is better so we abandoned the project.

Laramie

WKR
Something is telling me that the market may be a little different now, at least for a while. I would pay almost double right now to keep the business in the USA.

my wife started a small textile type company ... we abandoned the project.
I had similar experiences. To make matters worse, I also had foreign companies knock off my design. It wasn't worth the cash to patent the pattern, and the process is too cumbersome to worry about for a sole proprieter.

RadScorpy

FNG
Something is telling me that the market may be a little different now, at least for a while. I would pay almost double right now to keep the business in the USA.

The problem is the price would be much higher than double, look at what's happening to Remington products when they are keeping prices low-ish(they are not cheap), their quality went way down, and little to no R&D.

Laramie

WKR
The problem is the price would be much higher than double, look at what's happening to Remington products when they are keeping prices low-ish(they are not cheap), their quality went way down, and little to no R&D.
I agree that wouldn't be good but there are huge manufacturing cost discrepancies just here in the USA. The cost to manufacture in small town Kansas vs California is huge. I have been in manufacturing for some time and compete regularly with companies importing. Our products in general are with 20% of them and our quality and delivery are significantly better. We don't make any hunting products but are considering it...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Maybe a small inflatable hovercraft that I can pull behind me to carry my elk out every year. That's about all I can think of. I've already got everything else I need for my bow hunts.

What are the problems you hunters face,like equipments you would like to have or even equipments you would like companies to create?
A rifle holder like the kifaru gun bearer. Universal for all packs and maybe less costly.

It sounds like you are looking to create a solution to problems as a business. Are you more interested in making or inventing a product? Or are you more in the market to develop a consulting or outfitting type of business?

I had similar experiences. To make matters worse, I also had foreign companies knock off my design. It wasn't worth the cash to patent the pattern, and the process is too cumbersome to worry about for a sole proprieter.
we had someone steal the design and literally cut and paste her project description into her project description on ETSY.. it was almost laughable.

Similar in nature to the pack-out hovercraft, I wish there was a mini stealth hot air balloon that had a muffler for the burner torch thing so it didn't sound like a rocket engine. Landlocked BLM here I come!

You writing this down Tommy?

my wife started a small textile type company once. she had a cute little niche product that was selling very well locally, she started making more of them and selling them around the world. Developed a pretty cool following and she was getting far more orders than she could support. We tried finding a way to make them in large numbers in a way that would keep it made in the USA and keep them at a price point they would sell at. In one market we even bumped the price up to what we thought we would have to do if we were going to farm out the production. This took it over that $10 mark. Sold almost nothing. If we farmed it out overseas we could keep the costs down and sell these things like crazy and we made money. Even just hiring a couple local people to do the work pushed the cost up so much higher that if we were going to make money on the project (that is the goal) we would have had to bump the cost way up. We could have made 1000 of them in Asia for the cost of 100 of them made here. (sort of... obviously not that simple or cut and dry but close) At $9.99 they flew off the shelf. at $14.99 couldnt sell them.... and we could not make them for $14.99 in the USA.. it sucks but that is my little taste of reality when it comes to made in the USA. In the end she got an admin job at school... spends way too much time there and the money is better so we abandoned the project.

It's very interesting to me how many people believe in raising minimum wage and more benefits and more perks and less hours for more pay for workers in the USA, but will still go to the store and finance communism and worker exploitation by buying cheap crap products from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk