Adding down to jacket

I have been thinking about doing this for a few months and really haven’t found much information for it. Has anyone added down to a puffy just for extra insulation? I have a uncompaghre that I don’t have any problems with but I would like some extra insulation. And yes I realize the uncompaghre is synthetic. There are companies that sell goose down for replacing down. I’m I crazy? Or ignorant on the subject? I don’t know.

WoodBow

WKR
Down requires quilting. Like channels or squares. If you put down in your uncomp, it would all just settle into the bottom.

You can have more down added to down sleeping bags I know. But that is a more straightforward endeavor than adding it to a down jacket, due to more complex construction.

I would recommend you buy a warmer jacket :)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BuckRut

Lil-Rokslider
Has your jacket lost any of it's loft? Adding more down won't increase the insulation if it doesn't increase the loft of the jacket. It's actually air pockets that are doing the insulating not necessarily the volume of down.

OP
Forkieslayer
Thanks everyone for the response. I figured there was a reason why I couldn’t find information on it. Sounds like I’ll keep my uncompaghre the way it is and upgrade my mid layer.