Hunting or fishing themed Tattoo

pirogue

WKR
Guy on here has similar.

For hunting theme tattoos, it’s a shame that a Turkey nest robbing predator raccoon is the most realistic looking work.

Tramp stamps were the 1990s.
What’s popular today… Ass antlers
View attachment 528908
A guy that I knew had several tattoos. The last one that he did was a tattoo that covered his entire a$$ and looked like the two hemispheres of your brain. He told me that is was very painful and he could only do one cheek at a time. LOL His a$$ was profiled in one of the big tattoo magazines.

I wonder how he feels today, 15yrs later??????????

One other tattoo story that is funny but true. When I was going to college, I worked parttime in a hospital. An unconscienced guy comes in who had apparently overdosed. The first thing they do in the emergency room is cut off all of your clothes when they need to assess injuries. It was noticed that he had a tattoo on his pecker that read "Betty". One of the young emergency care nurses couldn't help herself and blurted out, "if he was any kind of man it would say Elizabeth"!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

svivian

WKR
4 pages and no one has recommended a made in the USA or Berry Compliant certified on the ass cheek..... I'm disappointed in all of you.

While you're at it you might has well complete the trifecta and have Mountain ops on one cheek, Hush life on the other and finish her off with a muley freek tramp stamp. Extra points if you throw a fire bull logo on your inner thigh.

WMag338

WKR
I think I'd steer clear of the hunting tattoo. Chew on it for 6 months and then if you're still dead set on it, go for it.

My wife had a mini mid life crisis yesterday and went to a local tattoo convention and got one on a whim.

Now she’s on me to go back with her tomorrow. Always been a bit curious about doing a hunting themed type tattoo. Maybe a lab holding a sprig?

Anyone have any outdoor themed tattoos they are willing to share?

Should I go through with it? I won’t regret it but I also probably won’t be sad if I never get one.
Yep, gotta revive this thread.
@Banded_spooney, the Tribal theme of the Ass Antlers I sent you obviously didn’t fit your style…

Here is an idea for a full back piece. Really tells a story that defined the 80s. I was going to post it last week, but couldn’t find it. No one would F-ck with a guy with this immaculate piece of artwork on their back.
EDCBB247-34F6-4794-9679-E8AD0F893859.jpeg

OP
Banded_spooney
@Banded_spooney, the Tribal theme of the Ass Antlers I sent you obviously didn’t fit your style…

Here is an idea for a full back piece. Really tells a story that defined the 80s. I was going to post it last week, but couldn’t find it. No one would F-ck with a guy with this immaculate piece of artwork on their back.
View attachment 530803
This whole thread screams hillbilly hipster. For that simple fact I’d need to replace the Rainer with a PBR can.

In reality though, I’m more of a fly fishing Sasquatch type of guy

OP
Banded_spooney

View attachment 530803
Something more like this across my back would be more my style

D46FA796-7F48-407E-9378-2D443430370F.jpeg

TheGDog

WKR
How bout a full body Kuiu pattern? Never worry about overheating in early elk season again!
Boy lemme tell you, I feel you on that. But then the "Meat Bees" or the Ticks might mess with ya. Besides the usual Gnats. The leafy is great for hiding you from the bugs also!

Loco4dux

WKR
Funny you say a lab with a sprig. I looked into getting this picture of my dog done but it was going to cost about as much as some SLC 10’s so I passed. No tatoos as of yet.

Attachments

• 9142646C-ED3B-4EF9-BA84-45BB05696061.jpeg
    9142646C-ED3B-4EF9-BA84-45BB05696061.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 59

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
I have never been able to think of something that meant enough to me that I wanted it on my body forever, or wanted to shell the money out for it.
Everyone can do whatever they want with their body, but I have a problem when I see people covered in expensive tats and they don't have a pot to *iss in. Their kids are on free lunches at school, they are at the local food pantry every week, on all the different government handout programs...etc. Yet somehow are able to scratch up enough funds to get a tattoo. And more than likely they are the ones with tattoos of totally stupid crap. What deep meaning could a skull with a sword through the top of it with a snake slithering out of the eye socket possibly have (never understood the fascination with skulls and other sinister looking stuff)
Rant over.

ssliger

WKR
The key to a great tattoo is having an “idea” and working with a reputable artist on the design. If the artist is on board and really excited about the piece, it will show in their work. If you walk in with a pic and say “tattoo this”. They could not give a shit how it turns out, they’re not invested.
b68b25fd4dafe748153d1530bdb6f8ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
For something like you are looking at doing....do your homework. I have two tattoos one on my right rib cage and a bison skull between my shoulder blades. Don't even realize I have them anymore. Bison skull needs to be touched up/redone as it was in grey scale and in 20 yrs has faded a bit. Still looks good just not as sharp.

My buddy has 3 tattoos including the infamous tribal band around one of his biceps, a Celtic cross on one shoulder and he also for some reason has Carpe Diem inside his arms. Carpe inside one arm and Diem inside the other hahaha. Throw a trap stamp on him and he is early 2000s tattoo culture. We got ours between 18-22 years old. I know other guys I grew up with that have them including 1 or 2 with Chinese symbols that were popular in the early 2000s. Not one person regrets them and whenever we get together in the summer and you can see them we just rip on each other about them and laugh. Always brings up funny stories from when we were younger.

TheGDog

WKR
Funny you say a lab with a sprig. I looked into getting this picture of my dog done but it was going to cost about as much as some SLC 10’s so I passed. No tatoos as of yet.
That same thing has always stopped me from getting one. There's always soo many other things I need or would rather do with that money!

Also.. I figure I know me. I'd get bored with just the one piece.... so I'd end over time up not stopping until my whole dang body was covered. And it's just not a good look on anybody. If we're being honest.