Hunting or fishing themed Tattoo

OP
Banded_spooney
I'm an inky, with quite a few inky friends.
A tat like you're wanting will (should) take Hours, and could look really nice...if you can find the right artist.
I have friends that travel 8 hours one way to their favorite artist...and others that let just anyone mark 'em up. The ones who plan, & research, & find a proven artist have WAAAAY nicer tats than my pals who do not.
If an artist tells you they can do that in less than a couple hours, run away.
Maybe get a nice little deer hoofprint or brand logo at the convention??? :)
No way I"d get anything bigger than a golfball tatted on me at a convention...and my bar isn't set that high. But then, maybe there's fantastic artists there..who knows? Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the advice.

Ironically Oliver Peck did my wife’s friend’s tattoo when they went down there yesterday. I don’t know the quality of the other folks but I know he’s at least famous lol

I told her I’m not going tomorrow. I do think I’m going to look around for someone that can do that image justice though and I’ll do it at a later more expensive date.

ODB

WKR
Tattoos are like gun engraving. Unless you spend a great deal of money on a very talented artist, you will end up with a deer that looks like a dog, a cat that looks confused, or a bird that vacillates between a road runner and a ditch chicken.

Spend your money wisely.

Mikido

WKR
Tattoos are no different than 15 yo girls showing their ass on the internet for likes….who are you trying to impress?

Spindrift

FNG
Tattoos are no different than 15 yo girls showing their ass on the internet for likes….who are you trying to impress?
Not going to comment on the 15y/O part but if your are getting tattooed for ANYONE other than yourself, you're making a mistake.

I have eight and many of my friends don't know I have any. Most are on my torso/ribs.

I love them and am happy I have them. But that's because they were for me.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

For the record I do have a design in mind that I think would be pretty cool in black and white. I’d like to see it potentially switched from a widgeon to a sprig though.

View attachment 528733
Guy on here has similar.

Boy not a lot of tattoo guys on here. Lol
I have a full sleeve of big game skulls on one arm and a Newhouse wolf trap on the other. With plans to get more. For me it was addictive. Good thing it’s expensive and good artists are hard to find lol

I just got mine finished this week. 2 separate sessions, total of 4 hours and wasn't inexpensive in my mind. I have zero regrets and am not trying to impress anyone. That ship sailed years ago!

Sled

WKR
I'll add that most people don't plan ahead with their tattoos. Even if they realize that tattoos are nearly permanent, they don't realize a major drawback. Just like youth is fleeting, so is the sharpness in your ink. Later in life they are just blobs. And that happens sooner than you gen z/millenials think. Certain tats look good longer and keeping your body healthy helps too. Next time your out, take a look at the person's sleeve next to you and ask them how long they've had it. It might give you some ideas of what lasts and what doesn't.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Imagine a world where everyone is wearing masks. I know it seems far fetched but...

You do know that they got around that too right........stride and gait rec plus a couple of other things. But it doesnt matter they wouldnt put that level of effort for you anyways.

TheGDog

WKR
Doesnt matter any more. Not by a long shot. A scar is a marker and facial req is so good anymore it doesnt matter.
Soo...maybe tattoo some camo pattern all over your face? HaHA!! (The Ultimate Concealment! Start a new Trend, HA!)

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
think about what you truely want forever and represents you and makes you smile. no impulse designs or decisions. Have it thought out and get it done 🤙