Hunting or fishing themed Tattoo

TheGDog

WKR
(never understood the fascination with skulls and other sinister looking stuff)
Rant over.
I'll say I can see how the ideas/themes with shock-value or darker/sinister tones hold a certain amount of allure. I believe it's because we all have to hold our tongues and not react, in our everyday life, towards people who really friggin deserve that we react to them! And we have to put on the good-boy or good-girl act in terms of the face we show the world.

Therefore I view that darker themed tattoo as like a warning sign telling whomever the other person is that is gazing upon it that if they had thoughts of trying to be sly and do something shady with you... that they'd better reconsider that thought.

It also shows me that this person is un-encumbered with fearing about falling-in-line with what society views as a norm. Even if I don't dig on whatever art-work that other person got put onto themselves... you can at least respect that they committed to doing it, a thing you can't turn back from. And were willing to pay for it and endure the discomfort.

The key to a great tattoo is having an “idea” and working with a reputable artist on the design. If the artist is on board and really excited about the piece, it will show in their work. If you walk in with a pic and say “tattoo this”. They could not give a shit how it turns out, they’re not invested.
b68b25fd4dafe748153d1530bdb6f8ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. This is investment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604-143030.png
    Screenshot_20230604-143030.png
    842.2 KB · Views: 104

2531usmc

WKR
I have never been able to think of something that meant enough to me that I wanted it on my body forever, or wanted to shell the money out for it.
Everyone can do whatever they want with their body, but I have a problem when I see people covered in expensive tats and they don't have a pot to *iss in. Their kids are on free lunches at school, they are at the local food pantry every week, on all the different government handout programs...etc. Yet somehow are able to scratch up enough funds to get a tattoo. And more than likely they are the ones with tattoos of totally stupid crap. What deep meaning could a skull with a sword through the top of it with a snake slithering out of the eye socket possibly have (never understood the fascination with skulls and other sinister looking stuff)
Rant over.
There seems to be a correlation between the very sinister looking tats and guys that seemingly have never left their mom’s basement.

when you see the guy stocking shelves at walmart sporting the skull with a sword through the top of it with a snake slithering out of it tat, you just ask yourself wtf?

OP
Banded_spooney
At the risk of getting cyberbullied again by reviving this thread. I caught this on Monday night football. It appears to be a lab holding a bird with some tules in the foreground. I think its kinda cool.

IMG_5127.jpg

CorbLand

WKR
Tattoos are like taxidermy. If you are going to do it, spend the money to get it done right.

My wife has a couple, she likes them. I don’t have any. Not against them in the slightest, just other things to spend money on.

Dogs are hard to have done. I have seen them done well and others not so much. If you go that route make sure you vet your artist. If you are willing to travel, look up jackart13 on Instagram. He is in Ogden, Utah and does damn good work. He fills his books in about two weeks every year.

Do not get “emotional” or “attached” to an artist. A kid I worked with went to one and the guy killed it on the fish he had done. It looked damn good. The kid kept going to him for everything and it was obvious that the guy wasnt good at the other things but the kid kept saying “he is my artist.” The bastard stole my idea for a sleeve and “his artist” screwed it up so bad. I actually feel bad for him. Like genuinely feel bad for him.

As a 90s child through and through, a well done tramp stamp and a pierced belly button are hot as ****.

Last edited: