Hunting or fishing themed Tattoo

My wife had a mini mid life crisis yesterday and went to a local tattoo convention and got one on a whim.

Now she’s on me to go back with her tomorrow. Always been a bit curious about doing a hunting themed type tattoo. Maybe a lab holding a sprig?

Anyone have any outdoor themed tattoos they are willing to share?

Should I go through with it? I won’t regret it but I also probably won’t be sad if I never get one.

I couldn’t get one personally, and if I wasn’t just completely stoked with an incredible design in mind, I certainly couldn’t get one.

DuckDogDr

WKR
I have several friends that have them and everyone has said that unless you are dead set you WANT a tattoo… like have to have one then you will regret it within 6 months.

Those tattoo conventions aren’t necessarily hosting the best artists either. If you get one , take your time, do homework and look at multiple pieces of their work.

Good artists have a 5-6 month wait time and pricey .. not I’ll squeeze in your barbwire tribal tattoo in 10 minutes.

Had another tattoo guru tell me since I’ve always been on the fence to take a sharpie and draw what you want and where you want it for a year… if you still want them get

OP
Banded_spooney
I have several friends that have them and everyone has said that unless you are dead set you WANT a tattoo… like have to have one then you will regret it within 6 months.

Those tattoo conventions aren’t necessarily hosting the best artists either. If you get one , take your time, do homework and look at multiple pieces of their work.

Good artists have a 5-6 month wait time and pricey .. not I’ll squeeze in your barbwire tribal tattoo in 10 minutes.

Had another tattoo guru tell me since I’ve always been on the fence to take a sharpie and draw what you want and where you want it for a year… if you still want them get
Ya, I wouldn’t expect to be able to get the above done at a convention. Mostly just the trigger for the conversation with my wife.

I got a tattoo one day down in San Diego right after boot camp. It’s just one I picked off the wall and had the artist modify a bit.

I don’t have any regrets. I’d like another outdoor themed one, but have never settled on a design.

I think as long as you don’t get something corny, some fad, or someone’s name you should be fine.

WJS23

WKR
I definitely wouldn’t get one done at a convention. You should look around at the shops in your area and talk with the artists and get input on the work you want to get done.

I personally think that picture would make a cool tattoo but i never see myself going to a convention. That said, if there is an artist who does incredible work at this convention that's excited to tattoo it, it could work out great. I know friends that have gotten really good work done at those conventions.

I'm pretty heavily tattooed and I've come to the conclusion that I'm only gonna get tats that I'm very sure I will like later on, and im willing to wait for an artist who's style I love if i need to. I got a bunch when I was younger and dumber that I dont care for anymore and have actually started getting them covered up recently. So just don't get anything on a whim is my suggestion. I don't have any hunting or animal ones yet but I do have my whole leg booked with an incredible artist for 2024, and those pieces will be photo realism western animal themed. Good luck with your decision!

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
7e548l.jpg

TheGDog

WKR
NEVER get someone's name put on you. Not unless they're dead and you're honoring them.

When I was 17.. for a brief stint I worked at an AM/PM Gas station. One day this couple comes up to the counter. This Latin dude that looked... not exactly Cholo.. but Cholo-Adjacent... and he had tats.. and on his neck he had a females name. and the female he was with happened to be DAMN good looking.

So me being young, and always curious, and trying to be personable.... I go and try to make conversation..

So, nodding at his chic, I'm like "Oh... so is that <name on tattoo>"

To which he's like "Naw homes"

Inside was I was like "Ooh.. DAMN,... AWKWARD!!"

NEVER get someone's name put on you. Not unless they're dead and you're honoring them.

When I was 17.. for a brief stint I worked at an AM/PM Gas station. One day this couple comes up to the counter. This Latin dude that looked... not exactly Cholo.. but Cholo-Adjacent... and he had tats.. and on his neck he had a females name. and the female he was with happened to be DAMN good looking.

So me being young, and always curious, and trying to be personable.... I go and try to make conversation..

So, nodding at his chic, I'm like "Oh... so is that <name on tattoo>"

To which he's like "Naw homes"

Inside was I was like "Ooh.. DAMN,... AWKWARD!!"
Honestly those tattoos can be easily covered up these days by the right artist, it is solid advice still tho 😆