Hunt Quietly - Matt Rinella's new website and podcast

Jbogg

FNG
It’ll be hard to recruit hunters to a sport where they can neither draw tags, get to an area without pressure, visit an area devoid of a multitude of hunters, or even fill a tag (should they ever draw one)
I get it, and there are no easy answers. I’m convinced the new “work from home” model that originated as a response to Covid has had as much of an impact as anything. The national forest is busy seven days a week with hikers, jeepers, backpackers, sightseers, and hunters alike. One of my hard to get to “secret” bear hunting spots on NF is a good example. In five years of hunting it I never saw a boot track, never a snipped limb, no bright eyes or flagging tape. I had this spot to myself. Fast forward to the fall of 2022, and in 7 days I had six different hunters walk in front of my trail camera. I couldn’t believe it.

With that said, I’m not sure that there’s anything to be done about it except for me to go find a new honey hole. Technology is here to stay, and you have to adapt with the times.