Hunt Quietly - Matt Rinella's new website and podcast

Our Mission​

The grass-roots traditions that have defined hunting in America are being displaced by a hyper-commercialized pay-to-play model. Our mission is reversing this trend. To restore our cherished pastime:
  • Engage in the political fight for habitat and access
  • Do not pay for hunting access or hire guides and outfitters that lease private land
  • Combat poor hunter behavior, especially on private lands made accessible to hunters through government programs
  • Acknowledge and celebrate private landowners that provide hunting access to the public
  • Boycott hunting TV
  • Disincentivize (shame, unfollow) hunters that display dead and dying animals to strangers on social media
  • Avoid (to the extent possible) gear, clothing, and firearm companies that use hunting TV and sponsored social media hunters to sell products
  • Encourage hunting nonprofits to stop recruiting, retaining, and reactivating hunters into our severely overcrowded pastime in their quest to collect dues and appease their hunting industry sponsors

He gives a little intro to his new podcast on The Hunting Dog Podcast episode found in the link below (skip to 25 mins in, where The Hunt Quietly justification starts:

Personally, I'm glad to see Matt not giving up on his awareness campaign. Slowly, I'm sure more people will be climbing on board, especially with the current state of western big game hunting.

WTFJohn

WKR

He gives a little intro to his new podcast on The Hunting Dog Podcast episode found in the link below (skip to 25 mins in, where The Hunt Quietly justification starts:

Personally, I'm glad to see Matt not giving up on his awareness campaign. Slowly, I'm sure more people will be climbing on board, especially with the current state of western big game hunting.

I'm on board with the general idea of hunting without the publicity, but the the double speak of not hiring guides/paying for access on private while lamenting public overcrowding is laughable. Should I stop taking new hunters out too, since everything is overcrowded?

Every year the average age of hunters goes up by one; the bullet points listed here just create another form of gatekeeping that won't reverse or stall that trend.

I'm on board with the general idea of hunting without the publicity, but the the double speak of not hiring guides/paying for access on private while lamenting public overcrowding is laughable. Should I stop taking new hunters out too, since everything is overcrowded?

Every year the average age of hunters goes up by one; the bullet points listed here just create another form of gatekeeping that won't reverse or stall that trend.
I think it's more intellectually honest to say "I think _____ is a better way to do this, but I do have this frustration with it because _____"

ODB

WKR
You can find the episodes easily on Spotify as well as his site. He’s got three at the moment.

Hey hunters quit being attention whores... Subscribe to my podcast and check out my website. . -matt rinella

Makes a lot of sense to me
Pretty sure he's not trying to make a career out of his movement. Can you say that about all the other hunting "personalities" you know of?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I do agree it's lamentable that the only ones we let steer the conversation around hunting actively try to squeeze every dollar out of our traditions.

Grundy53

WKR
I wonder how close he and Steve come to blows at thanksgiving dinner…
When he was on the meateater podcast talking about this it was rather contentious. You could tell Steve was biting his tongue a lot. I could only imagine the conversations that they have that aren't in a public forum. I'm definitely going to give Matt's podcast a listen. He has some very valid points.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk