Matt Rinella and Jim Shockey

NNK-Hokie

FNG
I haven't heard the Hunt Quietly episode with Shockey, will have to give it a try. If it is anything like the Meateater episode (#304) with Matt Rinella, I can see why folks push back against Matt's delivery of his opinions. Pushing past that, he does have an interesting point of view to say the least.

BuckSmasher

Lil-Rokslider
All i can add is i met Matt Rinella once and he was a super nice guy.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
As a fella with pretty, uhh, aggressive ADHD and multiple, similarly afflicted siblings...the interruption style of the Rinella clan never occurred to me as odd until somebody pointed it out to me. I try to be more aware of that trait myself, but I don't think that concept has dawned on the Rinella boys yet.

I’ve listened to all the Hunt Quietly podcasts. Matt has softened his delivery and evolved his talking points a fair bit since the beginning.
He’s anti-influencer, monetizing our game animals, and killing to make content. It would seem many on this site think similarly.

I bought the Shockey book and read a little of it. Not sure it’s a book I’ll finish. Not sure it’s my style. I’ve listened to the Shockey comments on the hunt deposits. I thought he articulated his take on it well. I don’t have to agree with everyone, and can respect a person that can articulate why they think one way or another even if I don’t agree with them.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The people I know who have spent time with Shockey said he was an absolutely great guy.
Always been great when I have spoken to him. J Alan Smith same thing, invited my son and I duck hunting with him in Washington. Problem with hunting is it is pursued by arguably the best type of people in the country, hence everyone wants in. Too good of people.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I have always thought the Shockey's, both he and his now deceased wife, were great people and great ambassadors to the sport. I won't judge a man's whole life on one comment, if I did, I would hate everyone. The man has probably traveled more places, and more remote places than many explorers of today. He is a hunter and National Geographic all rolled into one. They also seem very kindhearted. I really want to go see his Hand of Man museum one day. Plus Eva, what a smoke show!

prm

WKR
Watching Shockey deal with his wife’s cancer I truly admired his thoughtful comments and how he handled the whole process. I do not know him at all, but if that was an accurate reflection, he’s a good person.