How's everybody make a living

z987k

WKR
You make nothing, spend your professional life in rental aircraft that are generally in deplorable condition, and have to constantly stay on the lookout for ways your students will try to kill you. That is the lifestyle you get for your ~90K investment.

It's fun and rewarding teaching people to fly for sure. Truly, interacting with students is great and it's awesome to see them achieve their goals. But man, the return on investment is... small.
Are you planning on being a CFI forever? I think you're wildly shortsighted if you thing the roi is small because your first job sucks. That's the case for everything from apprentice in a trade to a doctor.
Might consider a different field if you can't handle the day to day of a CFI.

Mack84

FNG
I think I saw a post before about this but find it interesting. What area do you live in and what do you do to make a living? I live east of Houston tx and I'm a pipeline operator. If the stars align I will be in Wyoming in a few months

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Chadron NE, Petroleum Transport Driver

You might love it there, Wyoming is a beautiful place.

BWlongbow

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Northeast Georgia not far from where I grew up and am a retired self-employed electrical engineer in the Pulp & Paper industry.

Wyobow1

FNG
Structure Firefighting is a fine choice as far as job satisfaction and time off. Typically it also offers good benefits and a fair pension. One will not get wealthy off this job alone but you can make a good living and set yourself up for the future. You don’t here of many disgruntled firefighters that hate going to work. It’s damn hard to find a career field with that high of job satisfaction.

Foxsoup

FNG
Red seal carpenter, own a residential framing business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk