How many of you own semi-auto rifles?

Dad and brother both own them, I never have. But I'm a practical buyer. I only own that which gets used often and I don't have much use for one. Most people I know that own them fall into one of two categories.

#1. Predator hunting - but typically this is sporting a 5 or 10 round mag and a good scope

#2. Target shooting/let's see how fast we can empty a mag- typically guys age 20-30 that just love blowing through gobs of ammo without concern for much accuracy

* These are the groups that I know! I am not saying they are at all representative of the collective group of AR owners.

Now my dad does have 3 beautiful Browning semi autos that will pass down and never be sold.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Of course.....doesn't every red-blooded American patriot own them. I also have a Browning BAR that I inherited, but have never shot it. The sole purpose of the 2nd Amendment was for preventing tyranny, so given that........we should be able to own whatever arms the government owns........"shall not be infringed upon". I'm definitely a 3%'er, but not necessarily part of the group that was founded recently. I've been a 3%'er for decades.

Nuke Man

WKR
Yes, more than I care to admit too! Uses, target,hunting,shtf, defensive classes and home security.
.22 all the way to 308

jmez

WKR
AR. I use it for predator hunting and my boys shoot deer with it. Great gun for the kids. Light, 0 recoil, adjustable to fit them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bisley45

Lil-Rokslider
My first rifle was a Winchester 100 in 308, I recently restored it. Once I cleaned up the trigger group it shoot Winchester 150 power points surprisingly well to 300 yards.114523

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
Ruger 10/22 that has killed thousands and thousands of prairie dogs. AR that I occasionally use for coyote calling and shooting prairie dogs.

JWP58

WKR
Yes. My BCM rides next to me every shift.

As an adult, you are responsible for your own safety. How you choose to prepare to provide your safety and your loved ones safety is your choice. Being a responsible, trained, gun handler is just one of the ways I choose to provide for my safety.

Last edited:

ericwh

WKR
I don't have too many other options but I really love shooting my HBAR AR-15 at the range. Mostly slow fire out to 300 yards. Also use it for groundhogs and have a light for using it at night on other stuff. Plus exercising the right. Wife and I have several semi-auto handguns between us as well.

KHNC

WKR
At one time, i had 5 AR platforms and 1 AK, in addition to several semi auto .22 rifles and hand guns. A few years back one them looked at me funny. I gave that bitch away with all of her friends right after that! I just cant have that kind of evil in my house anymore.

bitbckt

Lil-Rokslider
None. I don’t find any of the reasons given thus far compelling, and have no sporting use that’s made me think “if only I’d had a semi”.

My shotgun is an O/U. My rifles are bolts.

I think similarly of hand guns.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
You bet. In an array of calibers, platforms and makes.
Some of which are in a secure undisclosed location.........

Randy

KHNC

WKR
None. I don’t find any of the reasons given thus far compelling, and have no sporting use that’s made me think “if only I’d had a semi”.

My shotgun is an O/U. My rifles are bolts.

I think similarly of hand guns.
So you dont or wont own handguns either? Or just revolvers? I thought that was more of a Southern Cali opinion.

bitbckt

Lil-Rokslider
So you dont or wont own handguns either? Or just revolvers? I thought that was more of a Southern Cali opinion.

First, I’m a Nevadan and none of my opinions have changed since relocating to CA for work. Geography has nothing to do with it.

No, I won’t own handguns either. Though I don’t begrudge others for owning semis or handguns.

Me too but not for hunting...my R25 is for when the fecal matter starts splattering off the rotary oscillator. The AR15 is too small a round for my liking, my .308 holds 2" groups at 800 yards. This video link explains why we need to preserve & protect 2A and why you should own an AR that spits heavy metal.

Last edited:

bbell

WKR
Just put together an AR in 6.5 Grendel. I like tinkering with stuff so I really enjoyed getting all the parts and putting it together. Should be a sweet coyote/cougar/bear rifle.