How long before 7PRC ammo is readily available?

Sevens

WKR
What is everyone’s estimates on when 7PRC factory ammo will be (readily) available? Thought Hornady would have had a bunch of ammo ready to go after the announcement, but it’s pretty non-existent online.

I’m highly interested in this round, have no time/desire to reload, so am at the mercy of ammo manufacturers.

Looks like its starting to become more available. Midway is shipping back orders and I just found 4 boxes in Opelika AL and 8 boxes at an Atwood’s in Arkansas.

davsco

WKR
i've done several five-box online orders over the past couple of weeks. keep an eye on ammoseek and you'll see some sub $60/box come up here and there. what will be nice is when we seem some more manufacturers making 7prc.

As of March 12 2023. Midwestern shooters supply in Lomira Wisconsin had 7-10 boxes of 175 eldx and a couple more 180 eldm boxes. They where priced around 55 dollars wich is cheaper than anything I've seen on the internet as of late. There website sucks and they don't ship, but If your in the area it's the best price around.

Pickle

FNG
I have seen more 7mmPRC over the last month than I’ve seen 6.5 PRC in the last year. 7mmPRC is in all of my local gun stores. $54 a box for Precision Hunter and $47-49 for the Match.

JZee

FNG
What is everyone’s estimates on when 7PRC factory ammo will be (readily) available? Thought Hornady would have had a bunch of ammo ready to go after the announcement, but it’s pretty non-existent online.

I’m highly interested in this round, have no time/desire to reload, so am at the mercy of ammo manufacturers.
Cabela’s had it available to ship on their website yesterday. I was worried about 300 PRC ammo when I jumped in early but it’s been no problem to find. Much easier than 300 win mag precision hunter. I’m not much of a reloader either and have always been able to get good accuracy out of either the eldm or eldx hornady ammo.

Local place has had it out on their shelf for the last 2-3 weeks now... and a lot - probably 40+ boxes. I've slowed down buying it as I'm set for awhile, but they seem to really be picking up on production. Interestingly, between 2 stores and 3 online orders, I *think* my batch numbers are all the same still.

Edit to add, have been ale to get a bit of the new outfitter CX bullet as well - only fired 6-8, but early groups and speeds seem decent.

My local Cabelas did not 7prc have it last week when I stopped in there. They did have 6.5 and 300prc though.

I've had a backorder of 7prc at Euro Optic about a month now