How did the 6.5 Creedmoor lose steam so quickly?

Mr6.5

FNG
It's the same thing as 80% of men driving around jacked up pickups who never haul anything: compensation for something. I'll stick with my 6.5 creed and my Honda Ridgeline.
You seem rather simplistic in your logic and response. I suppose you are a simple minded fella. I have spent decades building rifles, testing bullet terminal effects etc. However if you KNOW better than good on you. You got a man bun to go with that Honda? HAHAHA

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
You seem rather simplistic in your logic and response. I suppose you are a simple minded fella. I have spent decades building rifles, testing bullet terminal effects etc. However if you KNOW better than good on you. You got a man bun to go with that Honda? HAHAHA
I do not have a man bun, nothing against them. And Im a doctor who graduated from a big 10 school. I am not saying I am smarter than you or anyone else on this forum. Or even smarter than average. But I would not call myself simple minded. That's cool, I'm proud of your expertise. There's guys running this forum that know way more than you that disagree about the 6.5 creed.

Mr6.5

FNG
I do not have a man bun, nothing against them. And Im a doctor who graduated from a big 10 school. I am not saying I am smarter than you or anyone else on this forum. Or even smarter than average. But I would not call myself simple minded. That's cool, I'm proud of your expertise. There's guys running this forum that know way more than you that disagree about the 6.5 creed.
I am sure opinions very. Sorry if I hurt your feelings my sense of humor can be unappreciated. Honestly I have nothing against 6.5c a well placed bullet kills. I have taken over 800 deer in my life with everything from 22-250 to 300rum and it is MY experience speed kills better. Hince the US Military using a round that does 3050fps. Terminal effects from speed are multiplied. There are many many factors to consider like bullet composition and such. Please do not get upset when I rib ya a little, I can dish it and take it also, it is all in fun and love my friend. So anyways back on subject, I hunt bonded bullets, they do better with speed, at least for me. Cheers!

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I am sure opinions very. Sorry if I hurt your feelings my sense of humor can be unappreciated. Honestly I have nothing against 6.5c a well placed bullet kills. I have taken over 800 deer in my life with everything from 22-250 to 300rum and it is MY experience speed kills better. Hince the US Military using a round that does 3050fps. Terminal effects from speed are multiplied. There are many many factors to consider like bullet composition and such. Please do not get upset when I rib ya a little, I can dish it and take it also, it is all in fun and love my friend. So anyways back on subject, I hunt bonded bullets, they do better with speed, at least for me. Cheers!
You did not hurt my feelings. I don't value your opinion or trust your expertise. Say whatever you want about me! Now if Form were to come on here and insult me, then I may shed a tear or 2. But yes, agree to disagree!

Mr6.5

FNG
You did not hurt my feelings. I don't value your opinion or trust your expertise. Say whatever you want about me! Now if Form were to come on here and insult me, then I may shed a tear or 2. But yes, agree to disagree!
You should not value my opinion or expertise you do not know me. However I am not sure what we are agreeing to disagree on? Is it that speed is not a multiplying factor in terminal performance? As a doctor I am sure you have seen bullet wound trauma, hi-powered rifle wounds look a bit different from low velocity wounds, yes? When I am killing animals I like to have every advantage within reason. I never cared for .308 and I do not care for 6.5c for the EXACT same reason, velocity and terminal performance observed in the field. Do they kill? Sure they do, do other rounds kill better? YUP!

Hnthrdr

WKR
800 deer you say? Are you sure you weren’t using a .270 Winchester model 70 that is the hand of god? Just wondering 🤔

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
You should not value my opinion or expertise you do not know me. However I am not sure what we are agreeing to disagree on? Is it that speed is not a multiplying factor in terminal performance? As a doctor I am sure you have seen bullet wound trauma, hi-powered rifle wounds look a bit different from low velocity wounds, yes? When I am killing animals I like to have every advantage within reason. I never cared for .308 and I do not care for 6.5c for the EXACT same reason, velocity and terminal performance observed in the field. Do they kill? Sure they do, do other rounds kill better? YUP!
I'm not that kind of doctor, not all of us are doctors like Grey's anatomy lol. My understanding is that hunting bullets have a minimum velocity that they perform optimally at impact. As long as you are above that, you are good. So I disagree that you need to be 1500 fps over that minimum to kill effectively. The only thing you are killing more effective than me is the dirt behind one of your 800 (lol) dead deer.

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not that kind of doctor, not all of us are doctors like Grey's anatomy lol. My understanding is that hunting bullets have a minimum velocity that they perform optimally at impact. As long as you are above that, you are good. So I disagree that you need to be 1500 fps over that minimum to kill effectively. The only thing you are killing more effective than me is the dirt behind one of your 800 (lol) dead deer.
You archery hunt?

JGRaider

WKR
You'd think after "decades" of building rifles, testing bullets, etc you wouldn't say something as stupid as "speed kills" and expect everyone to believe it.

Drenalin

WK.R
I assumed you were a pharmacist, rather than a real doctor, but I'm not very intelligent myself. In any case, I agree with your line of thought in the quoted post.