How did the 6.5 Creedmoor lose steam so quickly?

Mr6.5

FNG
I'm not that kind of doctor, not all of us are doctors like Grey's anatomy lol. My understanding is that hunting bullets have a minimum velocity that they perform optimally at impact. As long as you are above that, you are good. So I disagree that you need to be 1500 fps over that minimum to kill effectively. The only thing you are killing more effective than me is the dirt behind one of your 800 (lol) dead deer.
I am starting to get the feeling you might think Biden is a great president...
You'd think after "decades" of building rifles, testing bullets, etc you wouldn't say something as stupid as "speed kills" and expect everyone to believe it.
My goodness you all seem to be a bunch of dumb-asses, you actually use firearms and hunt? This forum seems like it is full of retards. Anyone who knows what the heck they are talking about out there? Or am I surrounded by morons? LOL

brando20

FNG
Maybe it's just my observation, but it sure seems that demand for the 6.5 CM (2007) has fallen off a cliff. I'm thinking it has a lot to do with folks turning to other offerings to get 'just a little more' - whatever that may be.

I think this list is the SAAMI cartridges introduced since then (most of em anyhow).

• 6mm Advanced Rifle Cartridge
  • 6mm Creedmoor
  • 6mm GT
  • 6.5-284 Norma
  • 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum
  • 6.5 Precision Rifle Cartridge
  • 6.5 Weatherby Rebated Precision Magnum
  • 6.8 True Velocity Composite
  • 6.8 Western
  • 7mm Precision Rifle Cartridge
  • 7mm PRC
  • 12 Gauge 1¾”
  • 21 Sharp
  • 22 Advanced Rifle Cartridge
  • 22 Creedmoor
  • 22 Nosler
  • 224 Valkyrie
  • 277 SIG FURY
  • 28 Gauge 3"
  • 30 Super Carry
  • 300 Norma Magnum
  • 300 Precision Rifle Cartridge
  • 300 HAM’R
  • 338 Norma Magnum
  • 338 Weatherby Rebated Precision Magnum
  • 350 Legend
  • 360 Buckhammer
  • 400 Legend
  • 429 Desert Eagle
Idk, last time I walked into a Scheels it seemed like every dang rifle in there was chambered for 6.5 Creedmore.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Oh I just think that velocity does matter a bit more than you insinuate. Not for bullet or broadhead performance, but for accuracy and forgiveness. But I could also be misrepresenting what your point is.
I would agree it matters for accuracy, especially in archery. But I guess I am assuming a well placed bullet or broadhead, excessive velocity doesn't matter.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider

My goodness you all seem to be a bunch of dumb-asses, you actually use firearms and hunt? This forum seems like it is full of retards. Anyone who knows what the heck they are talking about out there? Or am I surrounded by morons? LOL
I'm sorry we hurt your feelings...

Antares

WKR
He's "spent decades building rifles", but doesn't know what the standard abbreviation for 6.5 Creedmoor is. Okey dokey.

Hnthrdr

WKR

Hey man it’s 2024, we aren’t retards we prefer the term water heads have a little decorum

Hnthrdr

WKR
Primarily 6.5 284 Norma as i am not a sheeple. I also shoot 26 nosler and 6.5 300 wby in 6.5 cartridges. 6.5CM is a great bench rest target round, I will never use it for hunting.
Good to know, what makes 6.5 man bun a good benchrest round?

khuber84

WKR
Idk, if I had to pick one cartridge to kill everything inside 600y, and I was limited to factory ammo only, the 65cm is the logical choice. Everyone chambers a rifle in it, from $300 rifles to $4000 rifles, and there is ammo of 37 flavors available online, and usually serval at any hardware or gun store. Personally I much prefer the 6mm version, but 65 does the trick with a touch more recoil and a lil more twisting of the turrets. It's not dead and never will be.