How did the 6.5 Creedmoor lose steam so quickly?

06 SB

Lil-Rokslider
6.5 CM is not dying by any good metric. There might be some slowing regionally but that is just anecdotal. Heck, i have bought two of them this year.

Shot my 6.5 Creedmoor Tikka UPR today. Great cartridge. Well balanced for the bench and the field. Those 143 ELD-X were bucking the wind today allowing several 800 yard hits on steel.

Shot my 6.5 Creedmoor Tikka UPR today. Great cartridge. Well balanced for the bench and the field. Those 143 ELD-X were bucking the wind today allowing several 800 yard hits on steel.
As did I with my new Super Varmint in 6.5 CM. I`ve only been able to zero at 100 yards a couple of more " budget friendly " factory rounds ( Hornady American Gunner 140grain and AAC 140grain SMK ). I`ve come to believe that this thing would stack shots on top of each other if the guy shooting it was any good. REALLY looking forward to stretching it out past 500 yards now that the flood waters on our local club range have receded.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Losing traction... so i shouldnt rebarrel this 308 to 6.5.....

At this point i need a dart board with all the cartridges that will work in this action. Spin the dart board and throw at it blind.... and somehow itll probably land on 308. 🤣

Hnthrdr

WKR
Losing traction... so i shouldnt rebarrel this 308 to 6.5.....

At this point i need a dart board with all the cartridges that will work in this action. Spin the dart board and throw at it blind.... and somehow itll probably land on 308. 🤣
6cm would be a wonderful choice too

Overrated from day one! 6.5 RPM is the best design of recent 6.5s !

And Go. LOL!!

I feel the 6.5 creed is a great cartridge especially for young shooters in deer rifles.
Had one in a Proof Elevation and wish I’d kept it.

IDVortex

WKR
Almost anyone I know owns a 6.5, a good friend of mine just bought a CVA 6.5, I don't see it going away. I own a RA 6.5, but I do plan on getting a 6CM, but have to save up for a down payment for a home first.

Have used my 6.5 on any rifle hunts I've done for the last few years, killed a elk with it too!

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Overrated from day one! 6.5 RPM is the best design of recent 6.5s !

And Go. LOL!!

I feel the 6.5 creed is a great cartridge especially for young shooters in deer rifles.
Had one in a Proof Elevation and wish I’d kept it.
The 6.5 rpm would be great, if it wasn't made by Weatherby.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Do boomers call the 6mm creedmoor the "6mm balding" since John Snow doesn't have hair?