How bad do you think its going to get?

How much money do you have when you're 35 trillions in debt?

Not to mention you all need to revisit the "It's not yours to give" story.

“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents…”

—James Madison
Benevolence? Who deserves it? Someone other than our own?

manitou1

WKR
One of my family members is a die hard prepper who obsesses over conspiracies and religious prophecies seemingly non stop. Every week there is some new event or date where the country or world is going to end and it's downright tiring (and embarrassing) to listen to. How people can live in a constant state of anxiety while voluntarily gobbling up everything the fear mongering algorithms of tik tok serves them is beyond my comprehension. It's like if you were deathly afraid of ghosts but couldn't stop yourself from going to haunted houses or watching scary movies.
What's the worst thing that could happen? You die and are instantly in the presence of a loving God. Unless of course you spend eternity "elsewhere".😁
Worrying about tomorrow says I doubt the power of God. Can't live like that.

manitou1

WKR
If you believe in the Bible things aren't looking too good but then it will get better, Get yourself right with the Lord before it's too late.
And they likely won't get any better by much. These will be "the good ol' days.
No man or woman can fix this mess... only the Creator, and only if He wishes to.
Prayer is our most powerful weapon at this point.

2 Chronicles 7:14
14. if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

manitou1

WKR
My wife told me 150 mountain house meals was too many. I ordered fewer than 150. Might pick up a few more later.

Ammo might be next.
I buy the #10 cans of dehydrated foods and meals and package them in zip seal mylar bags as individual meals.
Costs me about $2.50 a meal.

Several companies sell them online and our dinky local grocery store even sells some.

We use them for camping and hunting trips.

Reactions: 9.1

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Benevolence? Who deserves it? Someone other than our own?
No. Not at all. Charity begins at home. Family, friends, neighbors, community ( in that order) should be helped when need arises and one has the means to help. And done with gratefulness that one has the means to help, not begrudgingly.

But taking my money by threat of force to be used by anyone else for anyone else is not benevolence or charity or moral or Constitutional ( if you want to play the legal game).

Arguing how that immorally and illegally confiscated money is to be used is a diversion missing the primary issue.

No. Not at all. Charity begins at home. Family, friends, neighbors, community ( in that order) should be helped when need arises and one has the means to help. And done with gratefulness that one has the means to help, not begrudgingly.

But taking my money by threat of force to be used by anyone else for anyone else is not benevolence or charity or moral or Constitutional ( if you want to play the legal game).

Arguing how that immorally and illegally confiscated money is to be used is a diversion missing the primary issue.
I agree with this 100%.

KurtR

WKR
I just bought a side by side and mounting brackets for m60’s so when it goes mad max I’m ready to get roll and run the thunder dome