How bad do you think its going to get?

Q child

WKR
Everywhere. Literally every talk radio station I have local access to. I believe I was listening to NPR when the bushes guy was discovered, and it was reported immediately. Syndicated has talked about it a lot - Hannity, Beck, Levin. I even heard it on As It Happens - a Canadian NPR news show.
The plea hearing for the bushes guy was on Monday. It was covered in the New York Times and Breitbart.
I have a pretty diverse media diet, and I've heard, seen, or read this stuff covered everywhere.
I suppose, which media do you consume that did not cover these events? Is it possible that you just missed it?

One of my family members is a die hard prepper who obsesses over conspiracies and religious prophecies seemingly non stop. Every week there is some new event or date where the country or world is going to end and it's downright tiring (and embarrassing) to listen to. How people can live in a constant state of anxiety while voluntarily gobbling up everything the fear mongering algorithms of tik tok serves them is beyond my comprehension. It's like if you were deathly afraid of ghosts but couldn't stop yourself from going to haunted houses or watching scary movies.

Q child

WKR
I’m not a die hard trump supporter, but the lack of media coverage on an attempted assassination attempt on a former president is pretty outrageous. Shows exactly how biased they are.
Ok, check this out. Is this what you are talking about?

This is a paragraph from Breitbart on Monday:

On Monday, Routh appeared before United States Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart, and defense attorneys for Routh reportedly “entered a not guilty plea” and asked for “a jury trial,” according to NBC News.

So Breitbart is not reporting the facts here. They are reporting on the reporting of the facts done by NBC news. Does that make sense?
NBC did actual reporting. They sent someone to the courthouse to report on the proceedings.
Breitbart did not do any actual reporting. They cited the reporting of NBC.
That is why factual statements are in quotes, which reads really weird. It's just a fact that the guy plead not guilty, but Breitbart has to quote NBCs reporting because Breitbart didn't do any reporting themselves.

Here is the link to the story in Breitbart: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-suspect-ryan-wesley-routh-pleads-not-guilty/
The link to the NBC article in the above quote is from Breitbart.

Last edited:

maxx075

WKR
is the largest majority of USA news media just reporting the facts or propaganda?
The majority of media are just trying to report first. Facts or misinformation really doesn't matter. It's all about being first to break the story and get the clicks, cause again, that's where the money's at.

TaperPin

WKR
The fascination of some news outlets to say the sky is always falling and that we’re all victims is weird. The orange guy behind it is is weird. I tried to watch one of his rallies from start to finish and OMG the people in the crowd were fading fast and I needed extra coffee. He’s a weird dude.

See my post #81. That was answering your question, but I forgot to tag you in my response.
It’s possible that I missed the majority of it, I felt as though it was brief coverage and I didn’t hear much of it but in reality feelings aren’t facts so I probably missed the talking heads.

The fascination of some news outlets to say the sky is always falling and that we’re all victims is weird. The orange guy behind it is is weird. I tried to watch one of his rallies from start to finish and OMG the people in the crowd were fading fast and I needed extra coffee. He’s a weird dude.
They’re both just incredibly weird and disconnected. Is this really the best two options we have to offer?

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
I'm likely lots older than most of you, but there have been times of much greater anxiety in the recent history of our nation. The cuban missile crisis, bomb shelters - I still recall the "duck and cover" drills we had to do in elementary school. And before my time, the red menace and Joe McCarthy. It seems that Americans have to always be fretting about something - almost a conservation law.

tony

WKR
My BIL died from Covid. Is that because he had a TV?
Sorry for your loss. I had a close friend pass from as well is what the family was told. He liked to party a lot and had some health issues. Comment was from a meme I had seen somewhere. I had it 3 times, even with the shots.

ODB

WKR
Costco was absolutely devoid of all TP and paper towels and variants today if that is a gauge...

P dog

FNG
It's going to get really bad for the folks who basically worship Hollywood and the music industry when Diddy's accomplices get named. The world will definitely be ending for them. I'm waiting for the melt down. What they did to those children is horrible.

maxx075

WKR
It's going to get really bad for the folks who basically worship Hollywood and the music industry when Diddy's accomplices get named. The world will definitely be ending for them. I'm waiting for the melt down. What they did to those children is horrible.
Diddy will more than likely get the Epstein treatment. Too many powerful people could be exposed.

Reactions: Duh