How bad do you think its going to get?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Thank you. It was pretty hard on my wife.

Twin brothers, both somewhat but not grossly overweight. No other underlying conditions that I’m aware of? Genetic high cholesterol and I’m sure some BP issues.

They both got Covid on the same hunting trip. They waited too long to seek medical attention and when they did were sent directly to the ER.

One crashed hard and ended up on a ventilator. The other was improving, but then suddenly crashed and also ended up on a ventilator and died within a week. The other spent another 6-7 weeks in the ER before he was finally discharged. It took him months to regain full physical function.

Everyone’s risk assessment is their own. They were very cavalier about it, and that’s fine. It’s a personal decision. It does, however, piss me off when people make stupid statements the disease doesn’t really exist unless you choose for it to.
Sorry to hear it man. You do never know how that nasty lab created virus is going to affect somebody. Two of my best friends going back to my younger years almost died from it, one of whom flat lined and came back multiple times. Both guys were under 40 with families. One was very healthy, the other morbidly obese.

Give your loved ones a hug as often as you can!

True, but that is exactly the point being made. Too many people keep their head in the sand, tune out, and when something happens they read a headline for the first time in weeks and directly fall in line to media bs. Those paying attention, who were keeping up to date, were the ones not believing in the media bs.

I guess I'm too sour, I don't believe any of it.

Havent forgotten but what would worrying about it have done to prevent it?

In 32 years I have been alive, the world has nearly ended every year of that. Still here to type this reply.
Maybe nothing, but keeping our heads out of the sand and helping people we care about to be informed and use logic and critical thinking is important for when things do go sideways.

I got COVID while my employer had access to government funds to cover employees' time off. I got paid to go hunting. I remember it well.
A lot of people were far less fortunate, I worked the whole time. Driving through the city during my travels reminded me of an apocalyptic movie. Not a soul outside or on the road. But we are still paying the price for it, the economy is still a mess, inflation is absurd.

And to everyone here saying “unplug and go about your business” that’s why Colorado is in the state that it’s in. Would you say the same when it comes to a wolf reintroduction? Or a ban on hunting lions/bobcats? Just because it’s not important to you doesn’t mean it’s not important.

here's a couple things that should be obvious to anyone who is at least somewhat paying attention:

The current administration and 95+% of the corrupt & incompetent federal agencies do not care about you and your family and you absolutely cannot count on any of them to help you out in times of crisis. Just look at what's happening in our neck of the woods with Helene.

In my opinion, the powers that be will not allow Trump to retake control. It's pretty obvious that they will do anything to stop it from happening (worldwide scamdemic, lawfare, rigged elections & assassination). That said who TF knows what they will do next.

Just based on this you should at least make some attempt at being prepared and self-sufficient for a reasonable amount of time.
I’m not a die hard trump supporter, but the lack of media coverage on an attempted assassination attempt on a former president is pretty outrageous. Shows exactly how biased they are.

manitou1

WKR
Personally, I think the bubble is gonna burst sooner or later...you have 1/2 the country woke and 1/2 the country unwoke...really maybe 60-40% or so and that alone is a conflict brewing. I have traveled via vehicle thru the kansas bordering states at least once a month this year. Usually take state highways and take my time...the difference in people between urban and rural areas is glaring..

stay healthy & fit and constantly improve your skills....

I am looking to move to a more conservative/rural area by end of 25...

Get prepared at home with water/food for at least 3 months and have the go bags packed and ready with at least 10 days of what you will need. This year there have been a few incidents where folks have had to run for it because of natural/manmade disasters in this country....and anyone can face a downturn economically so that stuff is good to have around anyway....
I never understood bugout bags or go bags.
Your home is the most defensable place you know.
Where would you go?

Of course, this coming from someone who lives on small acreage five miles out of town at the end of a road.

maxx075

WKR
I never understood bugout bags or go bags.
Your home is the most defensable place you know.
Where would you go?

Of course, this coming from someone who lives on small acreage five miles out of town at the end of a road.
Perfect example for this is Helene in NC. You'd want to evacuate and a bugout bag is nice for times like that where you're just grabbing and going.

There's always been something to "worry" about. Saying "now is different though" is just repeating what every generation before you has already said. There are plenty of elderly preppers out there dying at 80 years old with 40 years of canned food and water because their apocalyptic super bowl never came to fruition. Delete the social media apps from your phones and turn the news off on the TV and we'll see where your stress levels are in 6 months. Probably halved. Worrying about stuff you have no control over is one of humanities most unfortunate flaws and the bane of too many people's existence these days. It really is that simple. Political parties and the media want nothing more than to scare the shit out of everyone and create division, especially in an election year. Nothing turns out the vote like fear and hatred. Would've thought more people would have figured that out this time around but apparently not. Rinse, wash and repeat every 4 years...

*zap*

WKR
Well, understand that you may have to leave fast. Simple.

Any nbc upwind, fire, flood & etc are just some examples. Some folks in NC just had to run for their lives....no time to pack and then your family is at the mercy of others. 10 days supplies in a few bags and you have something to work with

Q child

WKR
Things look pretty stable to me.
There are local elections every year, state and federal elections every two years, and presidential elections every four years. I'd be alarmed if there was not an election this year I suppose.
There is a hurricane season every year. That last storm looked really bad. My heart goes out to the people who have lost loved ones or who are in dire circumstances right now as a result.
There has been some form of instability in the Middle East my whole life, so that seems pretty typical. Again, my heart goes out to any innocent person who has experienced loss or is endangered.
The longshoreman thing could be a big deal. I suspect they have enough leverage to force quick negotiations, but I am not sure.
I guess I'm not worried at this point. Just bought a house and am living the healthy life.

Q child

WKR
I’m not a die hard trump supporter, but the lack of media coverage on an attempted assassination attempt on a former president is pretty outrageous. Shows exactly how biased they are.
I saw a ton of coverage on the Trump assassination attempts. Both the one where he was shot in the ear and the one where the guy was hiding in the bushes. I heard about both of them immediately and often from a variety of sources.
Is there another one that wasn't covered?

I saw a ton of coverage on the Trump assassination attempts. Both the one where he was shot in the ear and the one where the guy was hiding in the bushes. I heard about both of them immediately and often from a variety of sources.
Is there another one that wasn't covered?
What media outlets?