Headed Back To Colorado!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Things didn't go as planned with Caleb's buck but today is a new day. Hopefully he can get one today.

Colorado  (2).jpg

Dylan and I saw a lot of deer yesterday but still nothing mature. His limited mobility with his leg is really bumming him out since he likes to hike. We'll just keep using our glass as much as possible to limit how much he has to walk and save the walking for a calculated stalk.

Colorado  (1).jpg

Last edited:
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Last night was fairly slow although we did see some elk on private and a few does and small bucks.

20221029_155248.jpg

This morning, we glassed a couple water holes but only saw a few does. Now Dylan and I are sitting on a glassing point watching the edge of a field where the deer tend to feed and then move over to public to bed.

20221031_083947.jpg

Nothing but does and a few dink bucks so far. Dylan has now taken my Revic spotter and my NL Pures.

nobody

WKR
Love the play by play/day by day thing. Looks like you guys are having a blast, enjoying every minute. That's what it's all about.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
We took a midday lunch break at camp and are now sitting and watching a big rolling sage and oak brush flat. We saw a young 4x4 on our way to our glassing location and he gave us a good look at 168 yards but Dylan said he wasn't what he wanted. The deer seem to be up and moving this evening so hopefully we can find a good one tonight.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we ended up seeing 12 different 2x2's, a 3x3, and the young 4x4 but still nothing Dylan wanted to hang his tag on. I can tell he's getting antsy though because he asked me a couple times how big I thought the 4x4 was.

20221031_170840.jpg

We are sending our friends to that spot in the morning since Caleb would be happy most of the bucks we saw.

Not sure yet what the plan is for me and Dylan in the morning, but we'll keep looking until he finds a buck he likes.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
We bumped a big-framed buck this morning as we were peaking down into a draw. I immediately started getting Dylan ready to shoot so I never got a good look, but he was solid.

Now we are sitting on the rocks where he shot his buck last year. We are watching a buck on the edge of the private. He's a 4x5 with eyeguards and a kicker. Pretty sure Dylan wants to shoot him if he gets on public and presents a shot.

20221101_093031.jpg