Had a interesting encounter hunting tonight!

Loper

WKR
Yes, I lifted the rear of my rifle to hopefully make him leave but he didn't mind and hung on for the teeter totter ride!

That is awesome! What a cool experience. How long did it stay perched there?

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
My brother's buddy had his rabbit fur cap snatched off his head calling coyotes.
That's happened 2x in my life. One was this year during archery elk. I was slipping in and my body did a subconscious response....then, BAM! hit in the head by an owl. I was so keyed up that I turned the quiet down and blew the best bull I've seen in north Idaho out of my life not 50 yards later.

catmanran

FNG
Nice!
I just heard a rumor of an owl flying into a shack stand and going for hunters eyes. Hunter was said to have face tore up

kbeard2

FNG
I was out trying to fill my ND whitetail buck tag tonight. When parking I noticed an owl on a post but didn't give him much attention as owls are pretty common in my area. As the night progressed he kept flying closer and closer to me and with about 15 minutes of light left he made the move and this was the end result! View attachment 345390View attachment 345391View attachment 345391View attachment 345392
Those are just too cool. Just getting into hunting and things like this are part of what drew me into the sport.

Beautiful pics! When I was a kid I was on a lean to stand wearing a wool stocking cap with one of the round balls on top. An owl at dusk flew by & took it from me and haven't found it yet. Scared me half to death

AZmark

WKR
Ever hear of this?
"In modern day North America, owls are often seen as a bad omen, a messenger of death. This belief can be traced back to Navajo and Apache tradition, where the sight of an owl is taken very seriously."

I think he was trying to tell you something. Like get out of my hunting spot.