Had a interesting encounter hunting tonight!

rvalleyp

FNG
A couple years ago I'm in my trees stand about 45 minutes before sunrise. killing time searching the web on my my phone when I get what feels like someone smacks me in the side of the face. An owl swooped in and attacked my ear. I guess from the back side, and the light from my phone my ear made a silhouette of an easy meal. My ear bled so bad I eventually had to climb down and go get cleaned up.
I've been on team #fvckthemowls ever since

mi650

WKR
I was out trying to fill my ND whitetail buck tag tonight. When parking I noticed an owl on a post but didn't give him much attention as owls are pretty common in my area. As the night progressed he kept flying closer and closer to me and with about 15 minutes of light left he made the move and this was the end result! View attachment 345390View attachment 345391View attachment 345391View attachment 345392
That's awesome!!

I see them occasionally, usually not very close. Had 1 land on a branch about 10' from me a few years ago. Took off as soon as I tried to get my phone up for a pic.

This 1, in '20, didn't much care what I did. He was about 15 yards away. I got several pics, but this was the best one.

HxsI9g4.jpg