Gunwerks thoughts

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a LR1000 in 7mag several years ago and its been fantastic! Mine was from their Outlet at a great price. It has been reliable, repeatable, very durable and has great ergonomics. It shoots GW 168VLD ammo into tiny groups and has performed beautifully on mule deer every fall. I have several friends that also own GW rifles and all are very happy with their purchases!

coxj22

FNG
Classified Approved
I have several custom rifles and at that level it is hard to go wrong. I have two Gunwerks ClimbR rifles with carbon barrels that are almost identical. I have a 6.5 PRC (pic in the dry grass) and a 28 nosler ( pic Marco Polo). I try to stay within 500 yards when hunting, so I don't think you can go wrong with any of the names mentioned. I think RMP makes some of the best custom set ups out there! He makes an incredible product. I will have Viking Armament make my next rifle on a XLR chassis.

That being said, I don't care about the nay-sayers out there and I'll probably get slaughtered for sharing my opinion... almost didn't post. I know you an do it for cheaper... didn't care... just loved the set-up and wanted a couple. I love my Gunwerks rifles. They are shooters and both are dialed in. I didn't want to take this shot that far... I know!!! I wanted to keep it ethical. The last night on my hunt in Tajikistan, high wind, high angle... 842 yards. BR4 rangefinder... Night Force dialed in. Dropped him with one shot. Quartering away a little. Hit behind right lung, bullet exited lower left toward the heart. I took the shot because I was comfortable at the range out to 1200 so I went for it. I love the gun and have no reservations buying another. Yes, you can do cheaper and it would be fine. I wanted those guns, that system, that confidence. If you want to save money, go cheaper and you will be fine. If you want the Gunwerks... buy the damn thing and enjoy it.

6.5.jpg28.jpg

OP
R
I have several custom rifles and at that level it is hard to go wrong. I have two Gunwerks ClimbR rifles with carbon barrels that are almost identical. I have a 6.5 PRC (pic in the dry grass) and a 28 nosler ( pic Marco Polo). I try to stay within 500 yards when hunting, so I don't think you can go wrong with any of the names mentioned. I think RMP makes some of the best custom set ups out there! He makes an incredible product. I will have Viking Armament make my next rifle on a XLR chassis.

That being said, I don't care about the nay-sayers out there and I'll probably get slaughtered for sharing my opinion... almost didn't post. I know you an do it for cheaper... didn't care... just loved the set-up and wanted a couple. I love my Gunwerks rifles. They are shooters and both are dialed in. I didn't want to take this shot that far... I know!!! I wanted to keep it ethical. The last night on my hunt in Tajikistan, high wind, high angle... 842 yards. BR4 rangefinder... Night Force dialed in. Dropped him with one shot. Quartering away a little. Hit behind right lung, bullet exited lower left toward the heart. I took the shot because I was comfortable at the range out to 1200 so I went for it. I love the gun and have no reservations buying another. Yes, you can do cheaper and it would be fine. I wanted those guns, that system, that confidence. If you want to save money, go cheaper and you will be fine. If you want the Gunwerks... buy the damn thing and enjoy it.

View attachment 373862View attachment 373863
Awesome input! I really appreciate it

OP
R
Who was this company if you don’t mind sharing
I can’t remember the name o fab the company right now so I will get back to you on that but I have a buddy that buys lots of guns through them so he gets a 20% discount plus another 20 for guide discount. Knocks about 4k off the gun

scott_co

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t remember the name o fab the company right now so I will get back to you on that but I have a buddy that buys lots of guns through them so he gets a 20% discount plus another 20 for guide discount. Knocks about 4k off the gun
I thought I would get a Gunwerks in 2020, but I talked to Travis at RBros.

Glad I did, my RBros 7mm RM is the best gun I have purchased.

I am sure you would be happy with a Gunwerks, but there are some very good options out there and you will not be losing any quality, just saving $$.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I'd go with a carbon wrapped barrel personally. They are stiffer while being close to the same weight as a thinner steel barrel. They can also handle longer shot strings before needing to cool, which is nice for load development. I'm not sure Gunwerks puts steel barrels on any of their rifles currently; all carbon.

If I was buying something like that I would go with an Allterra. I definitely understand just grabbing a Gunwerks. It’s the easy button.

sako75

FNG
Another thing to think about is what does a used custom gun sell for compared to a used gunwerks. In my experience you only get a very small fraction of what you have into a custom gun. Just another angle to think about.

Levi8599

Lil-Rokslider
A Gunwerks rifle alone is not that much more than a custom build from someone else. I don’t own a full rifle setup but have a clymr and magnus stock on a prc and 7 saum and they are the best stocks I’ve shot with and I’ve owned manners, mcmillan, mpa, greyboe, ag composites. I don’t think you could go wrong with a Gunwerks at all. Plus you have lifetime support from them if you ever need it. Get one and you won’t regret it there’s a reason you never see them for sale.

A Gunwerks rifle alone is not that much more than a custom build from someone else. I don’t own a full rifle setup but have a clymr and magnus stock on a prc and 7 saum and they are the best stocks I’ve shot with and I’ve owned manners, mcmillan, mpa, greyboe, ag composites. I don’t think you could go wrong with a Gunwerks at all. Plus you have lifetime support from them if you ever need it. Get one and you won’t regret it there’s a reason you never see them for sale.

The stocks and putting together a whole "system" are the 2 things that separate them IMO. If you don't want to pay for "a system" it makes a lot of sense to have someone build you what you want in one of their stocks IMO.

Levi8599

Lil-Rokslider
Right but once you factor in cost of titanium action, cf barrel, and everything else, you aren’t paying much more for a Gunwerks system. This is without all the scope and ammo options they have btw

Levi8599

Lil-Rokslider
How much are the Ti/Ca Gunwerks?

My most recent build was a Lone Peak Ti Razor, Proof CW barrel, Manners EH-1 with mini chassis, and TriggerTech Special. All-in price including gunsmith fees and cerakote was a couple dollars under $4,000.
1500 action
1060 stock
780 barrel
180 trigger
That’s $3520 with no work. I know my smith charges 600 for chamber and muzzle thread for cf barrels. So that’s what I was going off of. I didnt say they were exact but after the discount he can get it’s pretty close.

A Gunwerks is 5-6k and he said he can get them 20% off. Not too far off.

Super tag

WKR
I hesitate to post as well, here goes 🤣

I own a Gunwerks, and I’ve built my share of rifles, there is a lot that goes into a package when you break it all down. Of course you can do a less expensive build, I’m not arguing against that, but it is hard to do “better” in my experience.

By the time you buy a nice rifle, comparable scope, rings, custom turret, brass, powder, bullet, sling etc, travel, range time, it adds up, your paying for all that, for me time is money, I used to have time and enjoy the build, I’d rather pay for it now. Gunwerks are ready to go.

They are very high quality rifles, fit and finish are definitely high end. I have also owned other “ready to go” systems, they aren’t the same.

Your not just paying for a name, they’re an excellent product. They have spent years engineering their rifles, action and systems. If you have the money I would highly recommend it.

I would recommend you buy from a dealer and make sure the turret is set up for your needs, the turret specifically.

JCA30-378

FNG
I have Gunwerks, Lane Precision, and Ryan Pierce at Piercision. Here is my opinion of these high end builds.

Gunwerks LR1000- 7 rem mag, I have killed around 30 animals with this gun and shot around 150 rounds through it. The gun is versatile and has been comfortable to shoot. The benefit with going with gunwerks is they take all the guess work out of creating the perfect load, if you are going to hand load and have the time to develop your loads then I would suggest a custom build. If you don’t have time to hand load and want to buy expensive ammunition then I would suggest Gunwerks.

Lane Precision Rifle- I have a LPR in 300 Norma and Dallas does a great job at putting a beautiful gun together. Dallas will load develop your gun and send a dummy round if you want to hand load your own ammo, or he claims then shoot lights out with factory ammo. I do my own loading so I have never tried factory ammo in this gun. As far as accuracy the gun shoots really well and looks flawless. I had a few trouble’s getting ahold of Dallas upon my rifle being finished and a few issues on getting everything I paid for at the beginning on the build, other than that he did a great job and answered any questions I had before my final payment and shipping. Not sure if he was too busy to answer my calls or was just taking his time on getting my gun to me. I would consider using him again if I wanted to get really custom with a gun.

Piercision Rifles- 300 Norma Improved. This is the best shooting gun I have ever been behind, if you want a super accurate rifle I would suggest using Ryan Pierce. Ryan doesn’t do load development but has a guy that does, so you will definitely need to be able to hand load unless you buy factory ammo. Ryan has the best customer service I have experienced and takes great pride in his builds. He will help you with components if he has them and give you suggestions on what has worked for him. Ryan will be building my next gun and any that I may build after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLP

FNG
I have a 7mm Rem Mag Magnus and it’s a nice rifle. I have several other rifles that are more accurate but it holds the 1/2 moa standard and I’ve killed lots of animals with it in the 6-800 range. I think one of the selling points with Gunwerks is customer service. I’ve called them up several times and never had issues getting ahold of someone to answer my questions. One of my scopes was slipping in the rings this past fall and I called them up and they sent me a new set overnight. I did end up doing some load development for mine and got much better accuracy and ES/SD than their standard load.

As a side note, I called up Paul Butler at Evolved Ballistics last summer and picked up a Proof Glacier Ti and had Will at Evolved Ballistics do the load development and it is hands down the most accurate rifle I own. You can usually find one of those in stock in a wide range of calibers.