Gunwerks thoughts

Soooo I decided I’m gonna bite the bullet on a new gun and go all out. I’m planning on finding a newish Gunwerks Clymr ti. Jus want to hear everyone’s thoughts on a carbon barrel vs ss. I have heard a few negatives on the carbon barrel…. Thx in advance

You can build yourself a rifle that is comparable if not better for less money. But if you dead set then by all means buy one. Benefit of Carbon barrel is that they are typically thicker at the muzzle so they can easily be threaded.

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider
I would say over priced, build exactly what you want, I don’t own a gunwerks I’m sure they are good

PRC_GUY

WKR
Build the custom rifle as I want , I never own a gunwerks rifle, I people pay for the name, I wouldn’t!

OP
R
I agree with you guys the only problem is the lead times on some products is a year and a half

Lawnboi

WKR
I’ll never have gunwerks money but were I in your shoes I’d call LRI and have them build what you want, see what they have on hand for a build.

After that I’d invest the rest in a barrels worth of as much of the same lot ammo as I could, and or reloading components.

Because you will likely have even more money leftover when compared to gunwerks you can then attend a few classes or shoot some nrl hunter matches.

This will not only leave you with a top end rifle. It will leave you with the know how to use the thing to its potential.

In the mean time but a tikka and burn the barrel with the scope you will put on your custom.

Just the opinion of a poor.

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
There's a line of guys that can build your rifle for less money AND when you call you'll talk to the guy that took the order, did the machine work and bedding as well as shipped it off.

Think McDonald's vs a diner.

If you're interested because you get the sticker, then just pick your parts and wait in line. Your barrel, carbon or not will likely shoot better than .5 with the right recipe.

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Piercision Rifle 28 Nosler. It shoots amazingly well.

As far as stainless vs carbon. The carbon barrels are stiffer by weight, not by diameter. I have found my heavy steel barrels tend to be less load sensitive than the one carbon barrel I own, but that is a sample of one. However, the Proof carbon barrel still shoots extremely well.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Coming from someone that had a semi custom guys put together, I would ONLY have someone build it for you with components if you’re 100% confident in their ability. Lots of hacks out there. The chances of getting a bum gun from gunwerks is low. That counts for something!

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Some builders have ready to ship rifles too. Your buying a lot of marketing with a gunwerks rifle!

I shoot one of these and it's wicked accurate.

madcalfe

WKR
How much is a gunwerks rifle?
in Canada there going for 9799$ before 12% tax lol that's for a magnus so a clymer i believe is 300$ cheaper..
i just built a 5lb 4oz custom for 6000$ out the door and that's still using a proof carbon barrel and defiance action. even if you were to say go to a lone peak razor ti i would have only been at 7000$

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
in Canada there going for 9799$ before 12% tax lol that's for a magnus so a clymer i believe is 300$ cheaper..
i just built a 5lb 4oz custom for 6000$ out the door and that's still using a proof carbon barrel and defiance action. even if you were to say go to a lone peak razor ti i would have only been at 7000$
What does $9799 include?

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
You can get a rifle on their rifle builder for just under $6k. Little more than most builders but not that much more.