Gunwerks 6ix+, AB Raptor Eight Stack, CGS Hyperion K, Thunder Beast Dominus

ofl0926

WKR
My friend is meeting me in a couple hours to go shoot, will post the results here tonight. I went out yesterday and tried them out alone doing some load development, but its hard to judge as the shooter. Initial thoughts, the DD are cans are amazing, especially for their weight/price but I thought the first round pop sounded slightly better on the AB raptor 10/8. We'll see what my friend thinks

Awesome
I’m down to the AB raptor or the DD can.
Thanks for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok here's our thoughts, the top 2 were close, same with the 3rd-5th cans. They all had different tones. I prefer the lower tone of the AB cans, especially as the shooter. Shot fairly hot handloads out of a 20" 300 PRC

Quietest to loudest with weights listed, they're in this order from left to right in the picture too-

1: Raptor 10(11 oz), especially comparing the very first shots
2: Diligent Defense LTI(10 1/4 oz)
3: Diligent defense STI(8 5/8) very close to Nomad TI and Raptor 8
4: Dead Air Nomad TI(10 1/8 oz)
5: AB Raptor 8(9 7/8 oz)
6:AB Raptor 6(8 3/4 oz)
7: Rugged Alaskan 360 TI(6 1/2 oz)
8: AB Raptor 4(7 1/2 oz)

I'm probably gonna end up bringing the DD STI with this same gun on my upcoming solo backcountry bear hunt where I'm counting ounces. It's impressive for its size and weight

Attachments

• 20230423_170821.jpg
    20230423_170821.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 199
Was the Alaskan 360ti more on par with the ab6 or ab4? How far behind the ab8 did it sound?

ofl0926

WKR
Oooooo interesting
Time to figure out if I want that raptor or DD. Go figure that I will be using this suppressor on a 22in 300prc

mt100gr.

WKR
Ok here's our thoughts, the top 2 were close, same with the 3rd-5th cans. They all had different tones. I prefer the lower tone of the AB cans, especially as the shooter. Shot fairly hot handloads out of a 20" 300 PRC

Quietest to loudest with weights listed, they're in this order from left to right in the picture too-

I'm probably gonna end up bringing the DD STI with this same gun on my upcoming solo backcountry bear hunt where I'm counting ounces. It's impressive for its size and weight
Good stuff. Thank you. Were all of the Raptors tested as flush mount, no reflex?

Was the Alaskan 360ti more on par with the ab6 or ab4? How far behind the ab8 did it sound?
Way closer to the 4 than the 6. Comparing it to the Raptor 8 is not even fair. More expensive than all other cans I own too, needless to say I'm disappointed in it and can't say I recommend it unless you can get a crazy deal on it somehow. Even at my dealer price it was ridiculous

The length of the LTI didn’t make the rifle too long or awkward to carry? Thoughts?

Guess that depends on the style of hunting somewhat. It's a long sucker but at least it's fairly light. Length is definitely one of the reasons I'm leaning towards taking the STI on my trip. With a 22" barrel it might be a bit long for you, the LTI is 8.5" and STI is 7"

ofl0926

WKR
Guess that depends on the style of hunting somewhat. It's a long sucker but at least it's fairly light. Length is definitely one of the reasons I'm leaning towards taking the STI on my trip. With a 22" barrel it might be a bit long for you, the LTI is 8.5" and STI is 7"

I’m hoping to to lug one of these around on an elk hunt late October. STI definitely sounds better. My rifle is fairly lite as well

I’m hoping to to lug one of these around on an elk hunt late October. STI definitely sounds better. My rifle is fairly lite as well

I think I would choose the STI in your shoes as well. It punches above its weight class

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
ABs are hard to beat once you add the reflex. I agree with you on the tone @Cameron.25

Last edited:

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks for doing the work/sharing the results of this. Really helpful!

Wingnut

FNG
The dead air nomad TI-L? It's on my wishlist at a couple distributors but haven't been able to get my hands on one as of yet
Copy, yeah I was referring to the the Nomad, unless I’m dyslexic it’s referred to as the LTi as well. I have a Raptor 10 on order, but was really torn between the two. I plan to shoot the 10 without the reflex in the field, but will throw it on for the kids and bench work. I can’t wait to get to bring it home. It’s been a long wait and I’m only about half way, Haha.

Copy, yeah I was referring to the the Nomad, unless I’m dyslexic it’s referred to as the LTi as well. I have a Raptor 10 on order, but was really torn between the two. I plan to shoot the 10 without the reflex in the field, but will throw it on for the kids and bench work. I can’t wait to get to bring it home. It’s been a long wait and I’m only about half way, Haha.
That raptor 10 is super quiet, I don't think you'll be disappointed