Guided float trip near Bozeman in July

Yoder

WKR
My wife and I are taking a trip to Bozeman this July to visit family and do the tourist thing. My relatives don't fish so they won't be much help. I'm looking for a guide recommendation for a float trip. I just started using a fly rod and my wife has never used one. I don't care what tackle we use, I just want to catch some fish. I fish trout all the time, just not dry flies. I'm looking for a cool experience with not a ton of people. I don't need to tell my friends I fly fished in Yellowstone.

Blast & Cast Outfitters out of Ennis. If they have availability for your dates they can customize a trip and put you on fish.

Ursus

FNG
Call Sean Blaine at Peaks to Prairies: 406.579.2848

Super knowledgeable guide with tons of experience but still patient enough to make the day enjoyable for a rookie.
Let him know exactly what you want out of the day and he’ll put together a great experience for you.
In addition he is a huge resource for other things about the area and can point you in the right direction On must anything in Bozeman.

hiker270

WKR
Montana Hunting and fishing outfitters. Forest Falthrop. 2 hours north of Bozeman is the famous Gates of the Mountains (Land of the Giants). Have fished with Forest 3 times on the Missouri River, on our best day between the 2 of us we caught 70-80 rainbow and brown trout. Average size 20-24 inches. My pardner and I are experienced fly fishermen. You mostly nymph fish but if a hatch comes off you can fish dry flies. Forest is the best guide I have fished with and I have fished with quite a few in Montana.

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Parks’ Fly Shop in Gardiner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
My wife and I are taking a trip to Bozeman this July to visit family and do the tourist thing. My relatives don't fish so they won't be much help. I'm looking for a guide recommendation for a float trip. I just started using a fly rod and my wife has never used one. I don't care what tackle we use, I just want to catch some fish. I fish trout all the time, just not dry flies. I'm looking for a cool experience with not a ton of people. I don't need to tell my friends I fly fished in Yellowstone.
If you’re going to be traveling east of the park near Cody Wyoming, I can highly recommend doing a float trip with North Fork Anglers. I’ve been fortunate to have taken guided fishing trips all over the Rocky Mountains for a long time and the single best day of fishing (along with the best guide) I’ve ever had was with them. I’ve rebooked with them for the first week of July. Otherwise, I’ll be following this thread closely because I’ve got to book a guide out of Bozeman for a September fishing trip.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04