Got my knife back!

I'm always impressed by what a decent, classy bunch of folks I meet during archery season. Haven't met a bad one in six years of hunting.

2 years ago in my haste to get my 2wd truck off the already muddy dirt roads as the rain moved in, I accidentally left my knife and a solar shower bag in a tree along the side of the road in a parking area after I was done loading my truck with elk. This year, opening morning as I was getting ready to get myself geared up and hike in, a guy stopped by my truck and said, "I've got your knife!" I was shocked, thought it was gone forever. He had the bag, too. He was off to hunt, but I was able to stop by and pick them up a few days later.

haha...that's incredible!

A few years ago a guy helped me drag a deer and I ended up with his knife. I tried like mad to get it back to him, and eventually moved 12hrs away. I still feel guilty

haha...that's incredible!

A few years ago a guy helped me drag a deer and I ended up with his knife. I tried like mad to get it back to him, and eventually moved 12hrs away. I still feel guilty
3 years ago, I borrowed a bugle from a guy I met in the woods (he offered, wasn't using it). We never met up again that year, but I stumbled on his camp opening day and was able to return it, so you never know. You might be able to return it if you keep it handy.

These are things that you like to hear. Unlike the news that is 99% doom and gloom. I believe there are many, many more decent people than bad ones.

Back