What do You Sing on the Hike Out?

Fowl Play

WKR
Alright, willing to bet I'm not the only one that does this. Sun just set and you have a solo hike back to camp/truck. What are you doing? I typically walk without my light on, so try to at least make a little noise to ensure I don't silently walk up on something.

Started with my Dad after we accidently walked into the middle of a group of wild boar in an Alabama swamp one night. From then on he'd start singing the theme to The Beverly Hillbillies on the hike back :ROFLMAO:

Well I keep on the tradition, couple steps on my way back to camp and it starts:

"Come and listen to my story about a man named Jed; A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed; And then one day he was shootin at some food; And up through the ground come a bubblin crude...."

So I already led off with an embarrassing one. What do others do? Or do you just walk silently and hope momma grizzly is merciful?

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
"I can hardly wait till I get to the f****** truck."
I make up my own tune..........

Actually, you know how it goes. Whatever tune gets stuck in your head. Half the time you think, "now, how in the hell did I come up with that one?"
Like Ram Jams one hit.

Randy

Depends if I'm packing something, "I've been working on the railroad." has come up a few times. "Hi ho!" from the 7 dwarves lol. Typically it's some simple tune from childhood that just sets in involuntarily, lots of times "Jesus loves the little children." just sticks and no idea why. My wife heard me humming it a few times and laughs at me.

I’ve been cheated
Been mistreated
When will I be loved?

Or, just the echo from Modern Love:

Modern love
Modern love
Modern love
Church on time

Church on time
Church on time
God and man

God and man
God and man
Modern love

Over, and over, and…

CorbLand

WKR
Generally it’s “why do I do this to myself” or whatever the last song I heard that got stuck in my head.

I once did a hunt with Poison by Alice Cooper stuck in my head. Worse songs to be had but when you can only remember about one to one and half lines…it’s gets old after about 3 hours.

kkp005

WKR
When I strictly Bowhunted in high school I hunted in the middle of a big thicket and it was always covered up in hogs. Right at dark they’d be all over the place making some noise. I’d walk out of there singing as loud as I could
“I hear the train a-comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend”

I was effin terrified 😂😂